Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I came a little late to the game and just ended up backing this today. So I have a few questions which I can't seem to find with a quick glance through the comments and such.

1. What's up with Conner? Comment joke I imagine?

2. The list on the KS does not state how many quests the base game gets, so I was wondering how many come with it?

3. Is it worth it to buy the extra quest and treasure packs? Will the heroes not get any epic type gear without the treasure pack, and will the Spiggan and Skald be able to play and compete with a lot of their gear in the treasure pack?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zawadi Svela
Norway
Skjetten
flag msg tools
mbmb
Amyrin wrote:
So I came a little late to the game and just ended up backing this today. So I have a few questions which I can't seem to find with a quick glance through the comments and such.

Actually not. I thought so too, but then i realised that's he's in the gameplay vids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I think it is a Homage to a pet of someone in the company.
He adds an interesting mechanic. You have to figure out his 'story' and if you do without killing him, he joins him.

2) I believe it was 40. Cant recall the break down. But it was between Story, Act, and Chapter.

3) I believe it is worth the extra packs. They are unique from the ones in the base game.
Its not better gear in the add ons. Just different ones.
The add on heroes dont have a lot of their gear in the treasure pack.
There will be cards in there for them.
But they will always come with cards them selves that are added into the treasure deck from the base game to even up everything for the add on heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:

Watch the Archer Hero Deck Video.

Quote:
2. The list on the KS does not state how many quests the base game gets, so I was wondering how many come with it?

45 - 5 story, 10 act, 20 chapter.

Quote:
3. Is it worth it to buy the extra quest and treasure packs? Will the heroes not get any epic type gear without the treasure pack, and will the Spiggan and Skald be able to play and compete with a lot of their gear in the treasure pack?

Cheers

Yes, they are worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Connor is their dog that interrupts several of their game play videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:

Cheers

1. Conner is Brian's dog and features prominently in several videos including fully disrupting one and lapping a great deal of water in a gameplay video. Backers requested a Conner sculpt and he became a "friendly" mini-boss that you can recruit into your party after subduing him appropriately.

2. 45 quests. If I recall, the breakdown is 30 chapter, 10 act and 5 story but I may be off a smidge. The ratios will be very similar to that though. We know the expansion is 20/8/2.

3. The treasure deck is more/different treasures. It will include some treasures for the skald and trickster that will NOT be in the quest deck when it releases at retail. There is no gear above white green or blue in it. The addon/stretch goal heroes will come with some treasure cards but there's more in the pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
with the questions answered, i hope it's okay to bring another one (didn't want to post a new thread for this)...

so the kickstarting is over, what are the next steps? when/where can i choose, for example, that i'd prefer the german version of myth? and where do i tell them my shipping adress?

if mercs contact us, i hope they will do so via kickstarter, anything else might get lost in my spam folder robot

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can select your shipping address, add-ons and language preference with the pledge manager. It'll probably take a few weeks before they'll get that running. They may also send out some minimalistic Kickstarter survey beforehand.

I'd expect to get an e-mail with the invitation to the pledge manager, accompanied by a Kickstarter update, so you know you'll have to check your spam folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clawf1ng3r wrote:
with the questions answered, i hope it's okay to bring another one (didn't want to post a new thread for this)...

so the kickstarting is over, what are the next steps? when/where can i choose, for example, that i'd prefer the german version of myth? and where do i tell them my shipping adress?

if mercs contact us, i hope they will do so via kickstarter, anything else might get lost in my spam folder robot

TIA

A pledge manager site will be set up in May sometime. You'll be given access where you'll be able to log in and select the details of your pledge,.... what version you want, what add ons you would like...

You'll even have the option of upping you pledge dollars either via credit card on the MERCS portal or even with PayPal.

They will continue to send updates via Kickstarter,... but they will also likely have a sub forum on their site: mercsminis.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they really planning for the pledge manager to go up in May? That's so soon after the KS ended. I would've assumed June or July. Oh well, it's all good.

Another question. I don't intend to buy more cyclops figures, so what happens if you need more than ten minions for the particular spawn point? Do they just not spawn, or do you spawn a captain instead? Or a different type of minion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have confirmed that the pledge manager should be up and working in May but they'll be inviting people to use it in batches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
I don't intend to buy more cyclops figures, so what happens if you need more than ten minions for the particular spawn point?

You'd probably be required to proxy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple wrote:
Amyrin wrote:
I don't intend to buy more cyclops figures, so what happens if you need more than ten minions for the particular spawn point?

You'd probably be required to proxy it.

Or buy more when it releases at retail...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.