Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Continuity and Consistancy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Chadbourne
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
So from what I've read and seen, I'm assuming this game is going to have some sort of permanence of your achievements. What I mean here is that you have your story, you complete three acts, and then you get a reward. Now, there's no reason for you to get this reward, unless there is some permanence. Are all heroes going to be treated similar to a DnD Hero? As in, this is *MY* Spriggan, I have done these things with it, this is it's current equipment, and this is it's current deck. It also operates under the title of "The Vanquisher".

Will it be the kind of thing where you can meet up with your friend from across the country, who's also been playing myth, and has brought along their Apprentice, with their deck, and equipment, and everything, and join you for a Story?

How permanent are these heroes going to be overall?

I know that they were talking about advanced heroes, which would imply an entire progression through hours and hours of sessions, but can anyone shed any more light than that?

Thanks all! Eagerly awaiting this release

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the answer to your question can be generally answered with "It's up to you".

One of the central cores of Myth is that you get to tell your story - so if you want to use the same character till the end of time, further specializing him/her - go ahead.
If you wanna play something different every game - by all means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My impression is that the base game is designed to be reset after each story is complete. Otherwise heroes would be too strong when you start a new story, and until the advanced classes are added you would run out of upgrades I would think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
morpheus133 wrote:
My impression is that the base game is designed to be reset after each story is complete. Otherwise heroes would be too strong when you start a new story, and until the advanced classes are added you would run out of upgrades I would think.
I know there was some talk somewhere in the flood of comments about this, and -- if I recall correctly -- there is going to be something in the rules about continuing your characters from one Story to the next, and hopefully that will address increasing the difficulty of the Acts to compensate.

(I'm actually hoping to use Myth as a possible "RPG with no GM" solution with our group, as those of us with GM experience are happy to sit behind the screen, but by and large we all prefer being players to being the GM.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ryudoowaru wrote:

(I'm actually hoping to use Myth as a possible "RPG with no GM" solution with our group, as those of us with GM experience are happy to sit behind the screen, but by and large we all prefer being players to being the GM.)

This was exactly why I bought into Kingdom Death. The base game has 15-20 sessions in it where there is an epic story told throughout. I hope Myth does have a story bridge rule system so you can move from game to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only indication of this we've had is hints at "Myth" level quests.

Chapter: per tile
Act: per play session
Story: per three acts
Myth: multiple stories

It will likely be an expansion down the road but all we know is that its a level above story. It may allow you to keep your character and items for more than a few play sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EnjayVes wrote:
So from what I've read and seen, I'm assuming this game is going to have some sort of permanence of your achievements. What I mean here is that you have your story, you complete three acts, and then you get a reward. Now, there's no reason for you to get this reward, unless there is some permanence. Are all heroes going to be treated similar to a DnD Hero? As in, this is *MY* Spriggan, I have done these things with it, this is it's current equipment, and this is it's current deck. It also operates under the title of "The Vanquisher".

Will it be the kind of thing where you can meet up with your friend from across the country, who's also been playing myth, and has brought along their Apprentice, with their deck, and equipment, and everything, and join you for a Story?

How permanent are these heroes going to be overall?

I know that they were talking about advanced heroes, which would imply an entire progression through hours and hours of sessions, but can anyone shed any more light than that?

Thanks all! Eagerly awaiting this release
Especially the kingdom death mini-boss had an orange weapon which to me would suggest the current ones are green and/or yellow or something and that one orange and that there likely will be (an idea for) some red ones to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aliquis wrote:
Especially the kingdom death mini-boss had an orange weapon which to me would suggest the current ones are green and/or yellow or something and that one orange and that there likely will be (an idea for) some red ones to.

Seems like they're following typical WoW/Diablo/Borderlands colours for their gear progression. So white > green > blue so far. After blue generally comes purple (though I haven't seen a purple item card yet), with orange being beyond that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoothsmith wrote:
I would say for continuity you just remember, or write down, what you've chosen.

As a maximum, if you've already done 2 acts, that's [2 cards removed, 2 cards added], [1 card removed, 1 card added & 1 title], [2 titles]. After the 3rd act that's the end of the story..

It's not exactly a lot of bookkeeping between sessions, wouldn't be worth trying to keep the decks & such together compared to having a notepad in the box ^^

Titles and cards are added after each story, not after each act.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CletusVanDamme wrote:
Smoothsmith wrote:
I would say for continuity you just remember, or write down, what you've chosen.

As a maximum, if you've already done 2 acts, that's [2 cards removed, 2 cards added], [1 card removed, 1 card added & 1 title], [2 titles]. After the 3rd act that's the end of the story..

It's not exactly a lot of bookkeeping between sessions, wouldn't be worth trying to keep the decks & such together compared to having a notepad in the box ^^

Titles and cards are added after each story, not after each act.

Oops bit tired this morning, brain failing me, sorry. Deleted the original message it to avoid confusion =)

Same kind of thing applies though! Very small information required across games. The maximum card swaps you could need to record are 5 removed & 5 added, & a list of titles wouldn't be hard to manage even if you ran a ton of stories

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.