Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So 100 points minus 2 Rookie Pilots leaves 58 points. I'd like to open up a discussion with what to do with these 58.

Han Solo
- Marksmanship
- Chewbacca
- Gunner

This lets you use Marksmanship on both attacks assuming the Gunner kicks in. Extra critical hits will pack a punch more than the other builds below.

Han Solo
- Millenium Falcon
- Chewbacca
- Luke Skywalker

This lets you have an evade each turn, giving the Falcon a bit more survivability. It also has the added advantage of being able to convert a focus on the Luke's reroll due to the lack of focus.

Han Solo
- Millenium Falcon
- Elusiveness
- Chewbacca
- Gunner

This gives the Falcon even more survivability. It suffers from a lack of punch compared to the other two builds.

Which do you think is the best one? Would you do something else with Han? How do you think this would fair against another list with a Falcon in, or even two YTs? Would you use a different Pilot? If so, what build?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Halling
Denmark
flag msg tools
Have you considered something like Expert Handling, Millennium Falcon, Gunner, Chewbacca? Barrel Rolling should increase the options for handling by a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Nushmut
msg tools
I have a related question: does putting the Gunner on the Falcon really help much in practice? For those that've tried it multiple times, do you find that your opponent just lets a single hit through (by declining to spend a focus or something similar), thus negating most of the benefit from the card? Or does it really substantially increase your damage? Is it only good paired with Marksmanship to guarantee a crit and use of eyeball results on both attacks?

I dunno about judging between the OP's builds. I like the look of the first two, just because Gunner seems sort of naked without Marksmanship.

The Han and two X-Wings build I was considering giving a spin was this:

Han Solo
- Millennium Falcon
- Swarm Tactics
Luke Skywalker
- R5 Astromech
Rookie Pilot

The idea being, basically, to sacrifice most of the bells and whistles on Han in favor of getting to attack first consistently by nabbing initiative and having pilot skills of 9/8/9. I was hoping it would also ensure that there is no obvious target for the other side; going after any one of the three ships first has disadvantages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not elusiveness in my opinion. MF doesn't need a stress, and it's not that great of a defensive buffer, I think.

On the other hand, the Gunner/Marksmanship combo is very powerful, and illustrates the adage that the best defense is a good offense.

And yes, Gunner is a good add, because even if only the threat of it causes them to allow a hit through, that's still a hit you wouldn't have otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Quick
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
What about Han/marksmanship, wedge/determination, and a rookie. Two 9 rank pilots and maybe wedge will last a tad bit longer with determination? Didn't get to try this yet but it looks to have some real power in the early game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.