Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple questions after first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kenney
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So far, I dig! I'm a big superhero fan and am really digging this system.

Couple of quick questions, though, and maybe I missed these in the rule books so apologies in advance if I did but...

- When the Villain deck runs out of cards, is that it for the villain deck or does the trash get shuffled and it all starts over?

- Using powers - Can powers be used more than once before it's a hero's turn again? For example, I had Legacy go and he used his power to give everyone +1 on their attacks. Tempest was out so was allowed to let a hero use a power right away. Can I have Legacy reuse that power so the third hero gets +2 to their next attack? Because, if not, Citizen Dawn just won...

Thanks!

J~
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben MacFarlane
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When any deck is emptied Whenever a card would be drawn/discarded from an empty deck, the discard pile is shuffled and becomes the deck again.

Any given power can be used once per turn - not once per round - meaning that on tempest's turn, legacy can use the same power he used on his own turn.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The villain deck will only reshuffle if you either have to play/discard the top card of the villain deck and the deck is empty. You do not reshuffle it just because it is empty.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kenney
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That answers it for me. I failed to reshuffle the villain deck but doubled the power. The villain issue probably would have killed me before I could use the power anyway. I'll have to try again!

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kenney
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks, Chris!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Riddell
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bmacfarlane wrote:
Any given power can be used once per turn - not once per round - meaning that on tempest's turn, legacy can use the same power he used on his own turn.
What does this mean exactly? It reads as though Legacy has the ability to play a power on another player's turn.

I would have thought that the power that Legacy chose on his turn might extend until his next turn, but not that he got to choose to use the same power or not (or choose some other power for that matter).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally you can only use a Power during your Power phase. However there are effects that can let you use a Power out of turn. In those cases you can use any of your Powers, even if it is a Power you already used during your own Power phase.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Waldbauer
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious... which Tempest card lets someone else play a power o.O?

Oh, are we talking incapacitated?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonkenney wrote:
Tempest was out so was allowed to let a hero use a power right away.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kenney
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MitchellW wrote:
I'm curious... which Tempest card lets someone else play a power o.O?

Oh, are we talking incapacitated?


Yeah, incapacitated, sorry, forgot the official word.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about "Limited"

Does "Limited" mean that you can not play the exact same card or the same type of card - so if I have bunker's flak cannon which is "equipment, limited", am I allowed to play other equipment cards and other equipment, limited cards, just not another flak cannon?

Thanks

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Limited means you can only have one of that card in play at a time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
esswhy wrote:
Question about "Limited"

Does "Limited" mean that you can not play the exact same card or the same type of card - so if I have bunker's flak cannon which is "equipment, limited", am I allowed to play other equipment cards and other equipment, limited cards, just not another flak cannon?

Thanks


Limited cards just mean that you can only have one copy of that card in play at a time.
So you are allowed to play other equipment that are limited too. Just never have 2 copies of a limited card in play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddell wrote:
bmacfarlane wrote:
Any given power can be used once per turn - not once per round - meaning that on tempest's turn, legacy can use the same power he used on his own turn.
What does this mean exactly? It reads as though Legacy has the ability to play a power on another player's turn.

No, one of the abilities on Tempest's KO'd side allows him to tell another hero to use a Power. In this case, Tempest let Legacy use Galvanize again.

riddell wrote:
I would have thought that the power that Legacy chose on his turn might extend until his next turn, but not that he got to choose to use the same power or not (or choose some other power for that matter).

This falls into the "do what it says, don't read into it" category. Legacy's Galvanize says "Until the start of your next turn, increase damage dealt by Hero Targets by 1." The Power usage itself doesn't have a duration; it doesn't "extend" to or "refresh" on his turn. So if Legacy uses Galvanize on his turn, all hero targets deal +1 damage. If another hero, on another turn, lets Legacy use a Power, he can absolutely choose Galvanize again, which would indeed boost the bonus to +2 damage. But all those bonuses wear off at the start of Legacy's next turn, so a hero immediately before Legacy in the turn order would probably choose somebody else to give that out-of-turn Power usage.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Tessmann III
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Correct. Limited means you can only have one of that card in play at a time.

Specifically, Limited says you can have one card with the same name in play. So far, this doesn't matter; each copy of Flak Cannon has the exact same game text, and so on for every card with the same name. But if the developers wanted to, they could create a Hero deck containing Limited cards with the same name but different text. So if a hero had four Limited cards called Chaos Orb, to pick a name, but with different game text, you could only have one in play at a time. (This only comes to mind because of a post I saw earlier about a build-a-deck-then-play game which had cards with the same name and different game text.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
They have done so, with Nightmist; all of her duplicates have a different 'spell point' value, including the limited ones. This makes it a bit more tactical when you have a choice between copies of it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.