Quote:
Renegade Squadron
Smugglers – Unit
5 Resources
2 Force Icons
Blaster, Blast, Tactics, (Tactic)
Vehicle. Renegade Squadron
Elite
Reaction: After this unit is focused to strike as an attacker, damage it to rescue 1 card captured at the engaged objective.
5 Damage Capacity

I'm a little rusty, but if there is more than one captured card at the objective, does this mean you can specifically select the card to be rescued or you get to rescue one of the captured cards at random?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
You do not get to see the card(s) your opponent has captured of yours once they are captured, therefore it would be random.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Leeman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That begs the follow-up question, If an opponent captures a card that is face-up (Boba Fett attacking one of my units, a card out of my hand, etc.), is that card stored at the objective face-down as well?

If so, and another card is captured in the same manner, would it be wise for the player to shuffle them together so I do not know which is which, and place them back down under the objective? Seems like a dick move to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds legit to me, Nicholas. (Also, I can't see Boba Fett caring too much if you thought he wasn't playing fair. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antares CD
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMadjai wrote:
That begs the follow-up question, If an opponent captures a card that is face-up (Boba Fett attacking one of my units, a card out of my hand, etc.), is that card stored at the objective face-down as well?

If so, and another card is captured in the same manner, would it be wise for the player to shuffle them together so I do not know which is which, and place them back down under the objective? Seems like a dick move to me.

This is covered on page 26 of the rulebook, under the Capture and Rescue section.

First paragraph (emphasis mine): "Some card effects instruct the DS player to capture a card. Only LS cards can be captured. This is done by attaching the captured card facedown to the DS objective designated in the effect’s text. If no DS objective is specified, the DS player may choose which of his objectives the captured card is attached to."

All captured cards go facedown, no exceptions.

Last paragraph (emphasis mine): "Additionally, when a card effect instructs the LS player to rescue a captured card, he chooses a DS objective, then randomly selects one captured card at that objective and returns the rescued card to his hand."

So if there is more than one captured card, you select randomly.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Typos...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AntaresCD wrote:
"Some card effects instruct the DS player to capture a card. Only LS cards can be captured.

I hate these limiting lines in rules.
So now there's a whole mechanic that they have completely ruled out for the LS side to ever use in any expansion ever? yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ezel wrote:
AntaresCD wrote:
"Some card effects instruct the DS player to capture a card. Only LS cards can be captured.

So now there's a whole mechanic that they have completely ruled out for the LS side to ever use in any expansion ever? yuk

Or maybe they're specifying that the DS can only capture LS cards. That's how I read it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Vecstric
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still, that is limiting. No combos where you capture your own cards to do some neat tricks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Armstrong
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ezel wrote:
AntaresCD wrote:

So now there's a whole mechanic that they have completely ruled out for the LS side to ever use in any expansion ever? :yuk:

That being said, you never know what mechanic the Light Side will get that dark won't. Perhaps Jedi Training like in Star Wars CCG? The game is still young!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that it's limiting in the same way that the LS can't destroy their own objective and have it count towards the three needed to win the game.

It certainly makes more sense thematically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you destroy the objective that have captured cards, are they discarded or freed. Thematically they would be blown up with objective, but I just don't remember that rule at this moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal_pjv wrote:
So if you destroy the objective that have captured cards, are they discarded or freed. Thematically they would be blown up with objective, but I just don't remember that rule at this moment.

The card is returned to the LS player's hand (they're rescued).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal_pjv wrote:

Something to remember about objectives. They aren't a "base", and they don't get "blown up". This seems to be a common misconception that leads to thought progression of thematic situations. Consider them, plots, strategies, and even locations that get disrupted/thwarted by the opposition. I guess there's no real right or wrong way to look at what an objective is, but if you think of it as I described, it may make thematic sense to situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antares CD
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal_pjv wrote:

If you want the rule quote, it's on page 26 as well, third paragraph in the Capture and Rescue section:

"If a DS objective card with one or more attached captured cards is destroyed, the captured cards are considered rescued and are returned to their owner’s hand."

The only paragraph not quoted so far is the second, which specifies the discarding of tokens and attachments (including Force Card) when a card is captured, and that all of a captured card's text, icons, etc. are blanked out while it is captured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.