Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I received my promo Nymph but looking at the backside of the event card I noticed a very different colored backside. While the original event cards have a kind of brownish colored backside the promo event card is greenish colored. The promo artifact card is, though less, also different from the original artifact cards. Did anyone else notice this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Gates
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed a difference in my Nymph set as well. The actual Nymph character card does not match in color to the others. It wasn't a huge deal to me, but I would have preferred that it matched the original set better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victory Point Games
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a result of our printer's color calibration, of which we have limited control over. So, we can't guarantee that your backs will be the same color/shade as the base game (which may have been printed days, weeks, or months beforehand).

We're sorry about this, really, and while we on the development side keep tweaking files to keep colors on the backs of cards as even and consistent as possible with our games, in the end it's the machine that has to interpret the colors.

- Noelle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Gates
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response. No worries here, not really an issue, nice to know the cause.

thanks again

EDIT: By the way, love the game. It was well worth the price. It was my second purchase from VP and I am very pleased with both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
Victory Point Games wrote:
This is a result of our printer's color calibration, of which we have limited control over. So, we can't guarantee that your backs will be the same color/shade as the base game (which may have been printed days, weeks, or months beforehand).

We're sorry about this, really, and while we on the development side keep tweaking files to keep colors on the backs of cards as even and consistent as possible with our games, in the end it's the machine that has to interpret the colors.

- Noelle

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response. No worries here, not really an issue, nice to know the cause.

thanks again

EDIT: By the way, love the game. It was well worth the price. It was my second purchase from VP and I am very pleased with both.

Ditto! I'm used to slight differences in color but this time it struck me. But as said, no problem and I still like the game a lot. I've been working in the printing bussiness myself and I know how difficult it is to exactly match the colors in different printruns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait - the Nympho has different coloured backsides? Then I better collect 'em all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never noticed it affecting gameplay. Despite the different shade on the event, I seem to still never see it coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't the printer use standard pan tone references?

With today's technology, any colour difference should be miniscule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.