Subject: Looking for a game....but can't quite remember.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Froese
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a review for a game a few months ago. The game had a map that had three panels depicting the same land space, but it also spanned three different time periods from left to right, and the decisions you made in previous time periods would have effects on time periods ahead of it.

It seemed really intriguing, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called or who reviewed it. Nothing!

If you have an idea of what it is, please let me know.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Shanmugasundaram
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khronos?
That's the only one I know of with only three distinct areas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Steward
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
rumble wrote:
Khronos?
That's the only one I know of with only three distinct areas.

I'm sure that's it.

Khronos has a number of very unique mechanics that sort of put it in a class by itself. That (and the sometimes-confusing rulebook) made it hard for us to learn.

However, it is well worth learning and playing. Once you get the gameplay down smoothly and start to be able to think about how the board will be affected by moves and changes... you'll find there's a lot of great stuff here.

We do use the card pool variant described at the end of the rulebook to lessen the impact of card randomness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Froese
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the one!
Thanks so much for the help. I really want to check this game out.
At this point in my collection, I only want games that are completely different from the ones I already have, and this one seems to fit the bill.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Steward
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
froesen2000 wrote:
At this point in my collection, I only want games that are completely different from the ones I already have

Then you should definitely try Zendo! There's nothing really like it (except the card game from 50 years back that Zendo itself was derived from).

Note that you don't need to track down the game itself... just read through the rules and you'll see that it can be played with many different things (dice, coins, words, you name it--we play with Legos, three sizes and four colors.)

Carolus Magnus comes to mind in that regard, too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
After a mention of Khronos, I'll add my default recommendation that you try the tutorial which is linked to in the game page. You might need to play the game at least once before attempting the tutorial (oddly) as it teaches you some of the more advanced things you can do in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.