Hide
15 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hardware advancement limits ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
Hello , it this question popped up while playing today. Does hardware cards like toolbox and cyberfeeder have any limit on how many advacement token you can put on ? We have been playing for over an hour and the runner had like dozens on each card, at some point we started running out of credit/advancement tokens.

THank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Well, yes, the printed value

The credits don't stack. At the beginning of the players turn he should have as many credits as there are printed. So with toolbox always 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosen Kazakov
msg tools
So tollbox is 2 and cyberfeeder is one ? Ok thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cybefeeder only gets 1 recurring credit per turn.

Toolbox gets two.

If on your turn you didn't use Cyberfeeder's credit, you don't add an extra one on your next turn.

(I am not sure if I am explaining this correctly )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bazyn wrote:
Well, yes, the printed value

The credits don't stack. At the beginning of the players turn he should have as many credits as there are printed. So with toolbox always 2.

That is better than my explanation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
We do it like this:
Put however many recurring credits the hardware gets on it. When they are used, put them right next to the card. At the start of the turn put them all back on again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
On page 22 the rulebook wrote:
Any recurring credits a player spends are replaced on their host card at the beginning of that player’s turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To quote the rulebook from the other thread about this (just a few threads down):

Quote:
[recurring credit]: This symbol stands for recurring credit. It always
appears with a numeral, such as 1[recurring credit], which means “one
recurring credit,” or 3[recurring credit], which means “three recurring credits.”
Recurring credits are placed on a card when the card becomes
active, and can be used immediately. Any recurring credits a
player spends are replaced on their host card at the beginning
of that player’s turn. A player can only spend these credits as
instructed by their host card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
We do it like this:
Put however many recurring credits the hardware gets on it. When they are used, put them right next to the card. At the start of the turn put them all back on again.
This. I alternately flip them to their advancement counter side, to show that they are used, then flip them all back at the start of your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ripshawd wrote:
cferejohn wrote:
We do it like this:
This. I alternately flip them to their advancement counter side, to show that they are used, then flip them all back at the start of your next turn.

This is heresy and will not be tolerated. Burn the witch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
This is heresy and will not be tolerated. Burn the witch.
Historians will write about the day the war began. It was fought, not with weapons or machinery, but amid servers of code.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like pointing out that the tokens that go on Cyberfeeder et al. are in no way "advancement tokens".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
I feel like pointing out that the tokens that go on Cyberfeeder et al. are in no way "advancement tokens".

Well, except for the reverse face I also advocate flipping credit tokens into advancement tokens on recurring credits to make them easy to keep track of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that the 'advancement' face of a credit token is used to indicate that the recurring credit is spent (by the by, I use this method myself) does not mean that there is an advancement token involved. It is at that point a multi-purpose token, used in the given example as a 'spent recurring credit' token.

No need to confuse the confused with humor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
YINZI
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
We do it like this:

I usually flip the credit to the advancement side, that way i know i exhausted it. In the beginning of my next turn i'll flip them all back to the credit side, so that they can be again used
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.