Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve DeBaun
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
So we finished up the art for the demo units. They're getting printed today. Here's what we ended up with:

(note that the Lancer does not have any of those Special Abilities -- this image was uploaded before we fixed that!)

The new banners have the same curved frame. We're going to have another pass at these before final production -- we want to make the suit indicator look like it's embedded in the frame, similar to the way the ranged attack is on the unit.

Changes in Small Arms and Heavy Weapons

We changed the way that Small Arms and Heavy Weapons are used. I realized that out of all the units, only one actually had *both* SA and HW. So we streamlined things: a unit has only one ranged attack, and it's either Small Arms or Heavy Weapons. The number in the hex shows the range of the attack.

Light Infantry Changes

We tweaked the stats on one unit: the Light Infantry. We adjusted it to try to give it a better-defined role in the "unit ecosystem" we have.

First, we bumped the close combat attack from WW to BW. This makes them slightly less useless then before. Then, we changed their ranged attack from RRR to BWW. This has about the same effectiveness, but highlights the Light's new role as a counter to Brutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bott
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I cannot overstate how much I love the new unit counters. The trouble with the old art IMO was that many of the units weren't super-identifiable from a distance. They were good illustrations, but that's not appropriate for unit counters in a game like this.

These have a lot of personality, just like the original. However, they look less like an illustration and more like a unit icon, which is a big improvement.

PS I still want to call the Lancers "Frogodile".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.