Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
johnny k
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out how Overgrowth card works exactly.
The card says "Play on a base. At the start of your turn reduce the breakpoint of this base to 0".

So, let's assume I play this action on a base on turn 1.

Everyone else has their turn and we are at the start of my turn 2 from now on:

Is the first that happens that the base breaks and we score for points? Does that also mean that I can play the minion -of my turn 2- on the new base that replaces this one? (And we check for scoring again)

Or am I allowed to play my minion -of turn 2- on this base and then the base breaks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You check if a base has broken after you have played your minion and your action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnny k
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
You check if a base has broken after you have played your minion and your action.

Thanks for the fast reply
I also believe that is the correct option (So, we played it right!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wootton
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep you played it right

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarince Edjure
msg tools
Anyone know how overgrowth works with change of venue for steam punk plants? The "base becomes breakpoint 0" at the start of turn, so what happens if you take overgrowth back to your hand? Then play it again? Does another base break the next turn too, or instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
msg tools
Good question! The Overgrowth effect happens at the beginning of your turn (turn two in the above example), reducing the base breakpoint to zero. Even if the action is destroyed or returned after that, the effect on the base isn't undone. So, if you move Overgrowth on turn 2, then on turn 3, a second base's breakpoint would go to zero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.