Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Do you want board games?...because that's how you get board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am currently playing a game. I am on my 12th turn and am unsure how to use the confront option on v504. The Doctor's bravery is a 9, my companions bravery is a 6.

Confront: This option can only be chosen if you can Oppose. You try to convince the Sycorax that you are stronger than them and can Defeat them. Make an opposed roll of your total Bravery against their total Brawn. If you win then you have Defeated them. If you fail, take a -1DM and you are attacked.

Do I do my opposed Bravery vs one of their Brawn, or is it my Bravery vs All of their combined Brawn.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The total Bravery of your Doctor and all his Allies and Companions would be 15. Roll 1d6 and add 15 to that.

Then calculate the total Brawn of all the Sycorax you are currently encountering. Add 1d6 to that total. If the Doctor's final number is higher, you win! If the Sycorax's final number is higher, you take a hit to your DM and then have to fight them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And, of course, you have to be able to oppose (have a DM equal or higher than the Goal number)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Mills
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stiff conditions. I usually try and find a way to challenge....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wawrzonek
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Do you want board games?...because that's how you get board games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I actually had the option for both, so I challenged. Unfortunately brawn was not The Doctor's strongpoint so I died. Maybe next time lol. Thanks for the help on this though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.