Boris Dvorkin
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card text of the new green spell Cure states the following:

Quote:
Heal 2. Draw a card for each Wound healed from your hand this turn, and ready each Unit healed this turn.

When I first read the card, I interpreted it to mean that the bonus effects apply only to the 2 points of healing provided by Cure directly.

But it recently occurred to me that the wording of "this turn" seems to imply that the "bonus" effects -- readying units and drawing cards -- occur from other sources of healing, too. Is that right? If so, do those other points of healing have to happen before Cure is cast, after Cure is cast, or does it not matter?

For example:

I spend Herbalists for a green mana token, then go into battle. In combat, my Herbalists and Familiars get wounded, and I take a wound to my hand. After combat, I spend the green token to cast Cure, which heals the Familiars. Then I spend the Familiars to heal the Herbalists and the wound in my hand. Do the Herbalists get readied, and I draw a card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yes. You can (and maybe should?) use other sources of healing to get the best use out of Cure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boarass wrote:
The card text of the new green spell Cure states the following:

Quote:
Heal 2. Draw a card for each Wound healed from your hand this turn, and ready each Unit healed this turn.

When I first read the card, I interpreted it to mean that the bonus effects apply only to the 2 points of healing provided by Cure directly.

But it recently occurred to me that the wording of "this turn" seems to imply that the "bonus" effects -- readying units and drawing cards -- occur from other sources of healing, too. Is that right? If so, do those other points of healing have to happen before Cure is cast, after Cure is cast, or does it not matter?

For example:

I spend Herbalists for a green mana token, then go into battle. In combat, my Herbalists and Familiars get wounded, and I take a wound to my hand. After combat, I spend the green token to cast Cure, which heals the Familiars. Then I spend the Familiars to heal the Herbalists and the wound in my hand. Do the Herbalists get readied, and I draw a card?

Yes, pretty sure they do/you do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other cards similar to this, such as the Ring artifacts that (strong effect) give you fame for each spell of a certain color you cast that turn. I think there is also a card that gives you fame for units you recruit that turn. In all these cases, you can use other cards to increase the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris Dvorkin
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all!

Man. Boggles my mind that I didn't catch this at first, when there are so many analogues in the game. Guess the spell is better than I thought! Certainly better than restoration/rebirth ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.