Popular Tags: [View All]
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
1. What is your preferred ruleset for Tigris and Euphrates?
No Variant (tiles may be overpaid during conflict)
English Variant (tiles may not be overpaid)
2. Do you prefer the basic game, or the advanced game (civilization buildings and ziggurats)
Basic Game
Advanced Game
3. Which side of the board do you prefer?
Front (base board)
Back ("advanced" board)
      84 answers
Poll created by biscuits409

Please leave a comment if you feel strongly one way or the other on any of the questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
The poll seems to assume that you own the most recent two sided board version with the new thingies, which given the age and popularity especially in years gone by of Tigris & Euphrates I would hazard a guess that most people don't.

Also I would describe question 2 as "original" game not "basic" game, there's nothing basic at all about original Tigris & Euphrates, however maybe that's how the rules in the new Tigris & Euphrates edition describe, I don't know I have seen the new rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anson Bischoff
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose you are right about the poll, but I think that can be assumed. If you own the first edition (without the expansion) than obviously you play the front board and the "original" game. Also, I believe that most people answering the poll would be somewhat new to the game, seeing as they are browsing the game's page. This would mean a significant amount of them likely own the newer edition.

However, it still has some interesting results, such as people that prefer the "advanced" rules yet play on the "front" board.

Also, I'm surprised that the number of people using the English Variant is so small.

I'd go back and edit the poll, but well.... you can't.
Thanks for the comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never heard of "no variant" and "english variant" by those names specifically, so thanks for describing them. I'm rather neutral about this, but slightly favor overpaying, as it seems to help balance out bad tile draws.

I guess I prefer the adv. game simply b/c it's still the "cult of the new"... I've played more games with the basic game, so I always wnat to try out the adv. game, esp. with better players. Plus, while the iOS version is slated to finally get the 2nd board, I don't know if that'll include the adv. mechanics. If not, then I'm left with the boxed version the only way to do so. If so, then I'll have to wait for that update till ai can try that out in my IpT.

For a shorter game, I prefer the front side. However, again with trying out new stuff, the +4 treasure cubes on the back side does introduce longer, and more strategic games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
biscuits409 wrote:
Also, I believe that most people answering the poll would be somewhat new to the game, seeing as they are browsing the game's page. This would mean a significant amount of them likely own the newer edition.

Or like me they subscribe to the game, so get notification of new posts in the forums automagically cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.