Popular Tags: [View All]
ZomBen Deranged
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Im trying to create my own boardgame and its been going very well. I got alot of things worked out so far. Only thing I need now is a few pieces. I was wondering if anyone has any wooden discs roughly the size of a quarter they could spare. Im trying to get a total of 50 discs and 1 green standie base for a simple player token.

Any help would be appreciated and noted in my game if I ever get it published which is a long term goal of mine.

Just a little bit of quick info on the game. It's a 1-5 playergame. This game is a co-op and also playable solo. The game is zombie scrounge based but with a silly twist. The weapons are all going to be goofy Mc Guivered style weapons and alot of cool twists.

Also down the road please keep a look out for me when I start looking for beta testers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hit your local thrift stores and purchase cheap games with good bits.

Watch Tanga, there's often some wood-intensive games there for cheap.

If all you need is discs, consider smaller poker chips in your various colors.

Your local craft store very likely has wooden discs for sale, just buy them and give them a new coat of paint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZomBen Deranged
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tips. Biggest problem here is the thrift store rarely gets games here and the ones they do get are usually haggard. I have dismantled afew games though to make most of my game. Ill keep an eye out for mini poker chips at the dollar stores though. Thats a good idea, never though of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other idea:

A metal pipe (with a cap on one end and the other end sharpened all the way around

A piece of material (thick cardboard or foam core)

A block of wood (to put under your material)

and a Hammer (to hit the pipe with)

are all you need to make a large number of consistent sized disks equal to the inner diameter of the pipe.

-=-=-

You could also order supplies from gamecrafter.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Also boardsandbits.com... In my experience they put it in the mail really fast.

example
https://www.boardsandbits.com/product_info.php?products_id=2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had really good success with ordering wooden discs from Casey's Wood Products.
http://www.caseyswood.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Orford
United States
Missoula
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Other idea:

A metal pipe (with a cap on one end and the other end sharpened all the way around

are all you need to make a large number of consistent sized disks equal to the inner diameter of the pipe.

-=-=-

ByronCZimmer,

I tried your McGuivered weapon suggestion but I had a few problems:
1. It was difficult to get the zombies to stand still enough to be able to hit the metal pipe with the hammer.
2. The foam that I put between the pipe and the zombies seemed to lessen the effect on the zombies.
3. When it DID work as planned and I managed to punch small round holes in the zombies, the zombies really didn't seem to mind all that much.

Thank you for your suggestions but I am planning to return to using my fireaxe to cut them up instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the nearest hobby and crafts store and you can find all manner of pieces that can be adapted.

also you can order parts from both Boards and Bits and The Game Crafter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had real good luck ordering things from http://printplaygames.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
smallllama wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:
Other idea:

-=-=-

ByronCZimmer,

I tried your McGuivered weapon suggestion but I had a few problems:
1. It was difficult to get the zombies to stand still enough to be able to hit the metal pipe with the hammer.
2. The foam that I put between the pipe and the zombies seemed to lessen the effect on the zombies.
3. When it DID work as planned and I managed to punch small round holes in the zombies, the zombies really didn't seem to mind all that much.

Thank you for your suggestions but I am planning to return to using my fireaxe to cut them up instead.

Wrong thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Roberts
msg tools
mbmbmb
Buy round wooden dowelling, cut slices off the end with a saw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HanClinto wrote:
I've had really good success with ordering wooden discs from Casey's Wood Products.
http://www.caseyswood.com/

I'd like to repeat the above. I got 200 1" round discs from there not too long ago at a very reasonable price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Commons
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IanRoberts wrote:
Buy round wooden dowelling, cut slices off the end with a saw.

This is what I have done to start making pieces for my game, however, even with the cost savings of buying a wooden dowel, I have realized my expertise at using a saw is, shall we say, lacking. I am getting usable pieces, then sanding a little bit, then adding some paint to differentiate the different player's pieces. By the time I add up the time and effort spent "saving money" on buying premade pieces, I could have been money (and more importantly TIME) ahead.

I feel a sense of accomplishment, but also realize I just want to make a game, not become a carpenter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the thrift stores, people often pass on checker/backgammon game sets that might have wooden disks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.