Popular Tags: [View All]
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm annoyed that I missed it, as I heard good things about it and it's filmed locally to me. I'll have to catch it on a re-run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was decent but massively, massively bleak (especially last episode) but with some great acting. Particularly Olivia Colman.

It didn't pull punches and set up the "whodunnit" pretty well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Britten
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I saw of it seemed pretty well done, and Tennant and Coleman are pretty clearly great actors. The guy who plays the killer did that pretty well too (I'll not spoil it). It's not really something I would normally watch, but it wasn't bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Britten
United Kingdom
Newark
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
It was decent but massively, massively bleak (especially last episode) but with some great acting. Particularly Olivia Colman.

It didn't pull punches and set up the "whodunnit" pretty well.

Bleak is definitely the right word. Bleak done well though is what makes good drama imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ITV.com only has the last 4 episodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cryolemon wrote:
The guy who plays the killer did that pretty well too (I'll not spoil it).

Because none of the people who could have done it were female...

More seriously, my wife and I typically watch stuff a few days after broadcast, as our schedules don't match the TV very well, but for this one we made an exception from episode four or so, and watched it the same evening. Yes, it was bleak, but it was brilliantly done. The subplots kept us guessing, and even if the reveal was obvious once you'd spotted what was about to happen, it was handled really well.

And filmed really locally to us too - the church they used for the interiors is a few miles from our house and some good friends live in West Bay, the main location.

I'm interested to see what they do with the proposed second series, which apparently might not be a murder mystery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
It's a sair fecht fur a hauf loaf.
badge
Furry boots?
mbmbmbmbmb
PomInNZ wrote:
Any other views?

Broadchurch isn't my usual type of programme but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Olivia Coleman is an excellent actress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
The victim's best friend's mother put on the case? Poof goes my suspension of disbelief.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.