Subject: Meme TCG Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fourth Light
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hi BoardGameGeeks!

I'm trying to promote the Kickstarter campaign we just launched, and was told this is the place to go. You can check it out here http://kck.st/15D2Sr2.

Always open to feedback and ideas!
www.memetcg.com
www.facebook.com/memecards
www.twitter.com/memetcg

If this is the wrong section to post this in, I apologize!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What's the deal with board games?
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You stole the font and style of Pokemon cards? Prepare to be cease-and-desisted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, this is the place to go to promote board and card games. However, this looks bad. So good luck with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a specific forum for Kickstarter project announcements:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/746926/crowdfunding-anno...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fourth Light
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
We parodied them, intending it to be an homage to both the game and the internet community. Sorry you don't like the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Teixeira
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FourthLight wrote:
We parodied them, intending it to be an homage to both the game and the internet community. Sorry you don't like the game

Great idea. TCG... not so great. You might get a lot of impulse backers, but any gamer is going to see this for the shameless money trap that it is and stay away.

Don't believe me? Click here for one of dozens of threads explaining why TCG's are bad.

Click here for tips and pointers on better marketing strategies for board gamers.

In short, make all the boxes identical and put everything a group needs in one box, then you might have something worth backing.

Hope this helps and good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolling Twenty
United States
California
flag msg tools
I agree with Val, I would go with a full game box and maybe release expansions, similar to games like Munchkin.

I think you may have some copyright issues on your hands too. Just because a lot of these images are common internet memes doesn't mean that the images used to make them aren't copyrighted, such as the "ALIENS" guy from The History Channel.

You may want to give this article on memes and copyrights a read:
http://www.law.com/corporatecounsel/PubArticleCC.jsp?id=1202...

Also, it's common knowledge that Ben Huh owns every meme on the internet.

He's the guy that has taken every single meme or funny thing anyone has ever made on the internet and slaps his stupid "icanhazcheezburger.com" watermarks on every single image and then makes money off it. Ben Huh is the new Ebaum. (not a compliment)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Press Releases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolling Twenty
United States
California
flag msg tools
I noticed this was canceled (yesterday?) on Kickstarter. I liked the idea and the card design but like I hinted at earlier this whole thing was one giant legal nightmare (for you) waiting to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.