Popular Tags: [View All]
ZomBen Deranged
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey again. Looking for some additional ideas for some funny Mc Guivered weapons and items. Using these shops as potential supply areas what would you make. Any good ideas will be incorparated into my game and Ill be sure to give you credit.

Just please explain how it would work in a zombie apocalypse. Attack or defence.

Also for combining items I was thinking of anywhere between 2-4 items makjng your cool and improvised weapons or defencive items.

Heres the list of buildings.

Arcade
Coffee House x 2
Corner Store x 2
Candy Shop x 2
Fire Dept
Furniture Shop
Gun Store
Gymnasium
Hotel
Hardware Store
Hospital
Police Dept
Pet Store
Sex Store
Sporting Goods
Toy Store
Warehouse

Also if you can think up a shop not listed let me know your ideas, I'd be glad to take out any of the duplicated Coffee Shop, Candy Store or Corner Store

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gym- A barbell with a single 10 lb weight on one end would make a great mace.

Sporting goods store- BMX padding makes good, light weight armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barrett S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Coat racks from a Hotel could bring blunt trauma.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZomBen Deranged
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinkig along the lines of combining items to make obscure items although you gave me a good idea of your BMX pads combined with the Hardwares screw pack for spiked armour Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Monast
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hardware Store x3 + Police Department x1 = Pneumatic Nailed Riot Shield (Nails, Pneumatic Pump & Battery from hardware store // Riot shield from police department)
"The finest in Defense / Offense combination. Not only can our patented device keep you safe from clawing hands and biting teeth should the worst come to happen, but you can also ensure that they only do it once!

Fire Department x1 + Hospital x1 + Hardware Store x2 = Long-Range Resuscitation Unit (Fire Hose // Defibrillator // Extra Wire & Zap Straps)
Is a loved one suffering from Heart Arrhythmia - and you find yourself not close enough to administer loving support? Well never fear, our latest creation will allow you to administer that much needed reviving touch while keeping yourself out of range of those that could cause you harm. *warning* do not use as a flotation device *warning*

--

As some advice for thinking up combinations, I would suggest check out the Dead Rising games - you don't need to copy what they have but there are tons of store and tons of objects, and those themselves could give you ideas for different combinations to base off of those. Can also give you an idea about the different buildings you could include.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Liquor Store = Molotov cocktails

Edit to add: Auto Parts Store. Batteries, excellent flammables, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-wire the arcade machines to conduct electricity.
Use the pin balls as slugs, The roller target wood balls as a projectile..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The old "Home Alone" video games are also a good source.

They had things like "Spool of Wire + Blowtorch = Flame Trap" and "Can + Rubberband + Sticky Candy = Glue Catapult" and stuff like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Set the pinball machine on wheels, and ride it down Main Street, lighting up and counting your score as you bounce off each zombie.

For extra propulsion, you can tie a shower curtain to two zombies, and light a baseball bat on fire, then use it to get the zombies to run.

Don't forget to whack away any zombies with your (batteries+coil+tennis racket) Electric Paddle. I suppose you could attach it to a skateboard and a roller pin to make it foot-operated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of those things people use to throw tennis balls for their dogs + Tennis ball filled with Gun powder. Light the tenis ball and give it a toss. I'm not sure if that would work, I should probably give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZomBen wrote:

Sex Store
Sporting Goods
Toy Store

Inflatable decoys armed with Nerf guns:

... Inflatable ... ummm... thing from the sex store
... air inflator and wall outlet timer from sporting goods
... Nerf gun from toy store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Walmart/Mall
Bank
Town Hall
Park
Cemetry
Church
Library
Museum
School
Prison
Subway
Office

Hi ZomBen, I just made a zombie game for fun. Pls take a look here. Perhaps we can share some ideas for making a cool zombie game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hospital + Hardware store = Defibrilator onna stick
Warehouse + Fire Dept = Flaming forklift truck
Pet Store + Gun Shop = Hamster ball grenade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZomBen Deranged
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultracheng wrote:

Hi ZomBen, I just made a zombie game for fun. Pls take a look here. Perhaps we can share some ideas for making a cool zombie game.

I'd love to look at it and discuss our games but right now I have no internet at home. Just on my cell. Ill peep it when I get home internet again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You could mount a couple heavy machine guns from the gun store onto a pallet jack from the warehouse to give yourself a mobile heavy weapons platform.

You could use wire from the hardware store to secure a circular saw blade, also from the hardware store, to a baseball bat from the sporting goods store.

You could use wire from the hardware store to attach a defibrillator from the hospital to the spikes of running shoes from the sporting goods store. Then you either wear the shoes to add some juice to your roundhouse kicks, or put the shoes on your hands and punch the zeds.

You could attach some confiscated explosives from the police station to a remote-controlled helicopter from the toy store to deliver a big bang to a large group of zombies.

You could smear meat from the corner store onto a blowup doll from the sex shop to create bait for a zombie trap.

You could use duct tape from the corner store to attach the fudge-slicing knife from the candy shop to a shower curtain rod from the hotel to create a spear.

You could use broken chair legs from the furniture store, screwdrivers from the hardware store, and duct tape from the corner store to make javelins, which you can carry in a golf bag from the sporting goods store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use packing straps from the furniture store to attach two axes from the fire department to a barbell from the gym to create a double-edged axe.

You could use a nail gun from the hardware store to punch nails through riot gear from the police station, creating a spiked vest, a spiked shield, and spiked gloves.

You could use golf balls from the sporting goods store and massive amounts of lubricant from the sex shop to create a slippery defensive perimeter.

You could use nails from the hardware store and wads of gum from the candy shop to create caltrops.

You could use wire from the hardware store to attach two or three chainsaws from the hardware store to one end of a gurney from the hospital. Then you can slice zombies and defend a corridor while staying out of arm's reach of the zeds.

You could put a filing cabinet from the furniture store sideways onto a dolly from the warehouse. Fill the cabinet draws with pistols and ammunition from the gun store. You'll be able to transport a lot of fire power on foot.

You could fill a maid's cart from the hotel with open bottles of alcohol from the corner store. Set it ablaze and roll that puppy into the middle of a hoard for fun and profit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hogan Brimacombe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I have been desperately trying to find things in a candy shop that will work, Work with me here.

Candy store + Hardware store or fire department= Rotating 450 pound fudge lift+Axe=Crazy unstoppable axe weapon.

Candy store+Fire department= Cotton candy machine+fire hose=Crazy unstoppable whipping fire hose action.

Candy store+furniture shop=Fondant melter+leather polish+bleach=Quite a powerful bomb, realistically destroying a building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Helmreich
msg tools
Candy Store + Furniture shop - incendiary cotton-candy soaked with furniture polish

Police Dept + Arcade + Toy store - Remote control car/helicopter with attached security camera operated from arcade game

Pet store + Toy Store - Feral cat launching slingshot (the kind used with water balloons)

Gym + Hardware Store + Candy Shop - net trap using barbells as counterweights baited with candy brains.

-Grant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZomBen Deranged
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you on everyone's help. There was a few ideas listed so far that I liked, some more than others and a few of these will probably make it into my game. I'll list the ones I liked the most to give to a better idea of what I'm looking for in terms of my weapons and please, please feel free to contribute more ideas as I'm trying to come up with 50-60 unique items ranging from a 2 - 5 item creation combo

Springheeledjack (and myself):
Sporting Goods - BMX Armour
Hardware - Screws and Nails
Created Item - Spiked Lightweight Armour

kaldris:
Hardware - Pneumatic Pump, Nails, Battery
Police Dept - Riot Shield
Created Item - Defend-able & Offense-able Shield

lordrahvin:
Hardware - Batteries, Coil
Sporting Goods - Tennis Racket
Created Item - Electric Paddle

dekedagger:
Sporting Goods - Tennis ball
Gun Shop - Gun Powder
Created Item - Makeshift Bombs

x_equals_speed:
Pet Store - Hamster Ball
Gun Shop - Gun Powder
Created Item - Makeshift Bomb (Although I was thinking suicide hamster bomber)

Medjai86:
Police Dept - Security camera
Toy Store - Remote toy
Created Item - Mobile video camera

Medjai86: (This one will 100% be in my game this is the silly style I am looking for, best idea on this forum so far)
Toy store - slingshot (Large Water Balloon style)
Pet store - Cats
Created Item - Feral Cat Launcher

The remaining entries are all from kurthl33t:
Hospital - Defibrillator
Sporting Goods - Metallic Cleats
Created Item - High Voltage Dropkicks (Might alter the cleats but keep the concept the same)

Toy Store - Remote Control Toy
Police - Confiscate Explosives
Created Item - Remote controlled mobile Bomb

Sex Store - Blow Up Doll
Corner Store - Meat
Created Item - Decoy (Add Roller skates for Mobile Decoy)

Sporting Goods - Nails/Screws
Furniture Store - Chair/Table Legs
Created Item - Mace

Furniture Store - Packing Straps/Zip Ties
Fire Dept - Fire Axes
Gym - Barbell
Created Item - Double Edged Axe

Candy Store - Gum/Taffy
Hardware Store - Nails/Screws
Created Item - Caltrops

Thanks Guys and please keep them coming

And again, if these make it into the final revision of my game you will be noted in the developer listings as having helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
x_equals_speed:
Pet Store - Hamster Ball
Gun Shop - Gun Powder
Created Item - Makeshift Bomb (Although I was thinking suicide hamster bomber)

Don't worry, this is exactly hyow I envisioned it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.