Ogre» Forums » News

Subject: Ogre Garage Open For Business! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Talorien
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've received penultimate tray samples, which are a beautiful fit.

Above: all the 3-D counters in the Kickstarter edition. Enough firepower to take over the globe

Above: the Kickstarter edition, plus one of each sponsored sheet

The great news is that it's possible to fit all the 3-D counters in the Ogre garage, even with the sponsored sheets.

We'll receive the final trays (with minor tweaks) in the next week or two, but at this stage we're confident enough to proceed with production.

Sponsored Sheets Webpage

Our webpage for the $4,500 backer level sponsored sheets is up. Three sponsors, Drew Metzger (see sponsored sheets page), Fire Mountain Games, and Thirdpower, have pre-orders available now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks for the update, Daniel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome!! Thanks for the news and pics. I plan on purchasing all of the sponsor sheets and appreciate you taking the time to create a garage that will hold all of these extra pieces and avoid us having to store some/all of the extras elsewhere.

Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A great example of why getting it right is more important than doing it quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottB wrote:
A great example of why getting it right is more important than doing it quickly.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like a silly question, but where do all the 2D counters go in the box, and do they all fit from the sponsor sheets as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a second tray that goes under the Ogre Garage, meant to hold all the 2D counters and overlays. As for the sponsor counters, that is yet to be revealed as far as I know.

-Brian

Edit: found a pic

http://www.sjgames.com/img/newsq/ogre/2013/BottomTraysResize...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This is a picture of the Ogre garage with *everything* in it, KS *and* sponsored. It will all fit. And you can get the lid on.

That means, I think, that if you skip a couple of sponsored sheets you'll have *extra* space in the box. Not sure what to put there, maybe short markers for the record sheets, extra dice, or maybe my micro-sized Ogre set, made from an Altoids tin...

But the important thing is that there won't be an auxiliary box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bezio
United States
Lyndon Station
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, sorry if this has been asked before...but I missed out on the Kickstarter edition, but I preordered it as soon as it was available through my retailer.

I know most kickstarters include some extra stuff...but I'm starting to get the impression that there is a big difference between the content of the "regular" version and the kickstarter version (all I saw for 3D models were the ogres and some towers in adds for the retail version). Are those of us who missed out on the kickstarter going to be getting some of these cool toys or is the retail version a big dud compared to those people who were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get in on the kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grubman wrote:
Are those of us who missed out on the kickstarter going to be getting some of these cool toys or is the retail version a big dud compared to those people who were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get in on the kickstarter?
I'm going from memory, but I think the numbers are something like 32 sheets of pieces in the regular edition and 38 sheets in the Kickstarter. I don't think 84% qualifies as "big dud". You will be missing some KS-exclusive units (heavy weapons teams, Vulcans, combat engineers, other?) and some KS-exclusive buildings (nuclear reactor, among other things). None of what's in the provided scenarios rely on those units. On the other hand, you may be getting the ACD-exclusive counter sheet that's only available in ACD-distributed retail copies. Also, there are plenty of third-party counter sheets releasing with Ogre, and they appear to complement what we know of the KS-exclusive stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grubman wrote:
OK, sorry if this has been asked before...but I missed out on the Kickstarter edition, but I preordered it as soon as it was available through my retailer.

I know most kickstarters include some extra stuff...but I'm starting to get the impression that there is a big difference between the content of the "regular" version and the kickstarter version (all I saw for 3D models were the ogres and some towers in adds for the retail version). Are those of us who missed out on the kickstarter going to be getting some of these cool toys or is the retail version a big dud compared to those people who were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get in on the kickstarter?

The best representation of what is in each can be seen in this KS update:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847271320/ogre-designers....

Basically, it's a few more overlay sheets and 3D buildings/Ogres in the KS version. You will notice that the top 1/2 of the picture doesn't change as more stuff is added :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.