james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hello,

When playing solo or i presume co-op games that call the dummy player, does one include the dummy player when figuring out setup such as the numer of mana dice to be used, or other instances that call fo 2x # of players?

the two popular video's on the tube of you, each seem to play it differently.

i personally presumed i didnt count the dummy player, but since Rick seems to his videos, and the rules dont seem to explicitly say to not count him...can i assume that the rule is that the dummy player counts as a player?

Thus in a solo game, i would play with 2 dice for myself and the dummy player, plus 2, thus a total of 4 mana dice?

Thanks in advance.
-
James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Bulacz
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not the first that asks this question.
Use "Search" in the future!
And the answer is: No, you don't count dummy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, the FAQ posted here, which i somehow missed previously...clearly states:

Q: How many dice & Units should there be in a solo game?
A: Three. The dummy player doesnt count as a player for the purposes of this.

which is good, as it's what i would have presumed.
-
James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pabula wrote:
Use "Search" in the future!I

yep, i tried searching, since there is a dummy player app, vassal module and seemingly popular co-op dummy player variant, the first half dozen mages didnt yield anything. Apologies for the repeat

-
J
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sherwood
United States
Reading :-(
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
darlok wrote:
pabula wrote:
Use "Search" in the future!I

yep, i tried searching, since there is a dummy player app, vassal module and seemingly popular co-op dummy player variant, the first half dozen mages didnt yield anything. Apologies for the repeat

-
J

when searching for rules clarifications, i've found it helpful to limit my search to the rules forum [Search in Forum: Rules], Search Within: Subject and message body, Display Results: Full Post, and then to begin reading from the *last* page of results, always reading from page bottom upward. hth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek McKay
Azerbaijan
APO
msg tools
badge
Is it my turn? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
mbmbmbmbmb
nemodomi wrote:
when searching for rules clarifications, i've found it helpful to limit my search to the rules forum [Search in Forum: Rules], Search Within: Subject and message body, Display Results: Full Post, and then to begin reading from the *last* page of results, always reading from page bottom upward. hth!

That was very helpful!

If that doesn't work out for you OP, just post your questions here. Someone will answer them for you. Hopefully with less drama and attitude in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.