K G
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
In my next game I'll be taking on the challenge of figuring out how the hell Arborec works. I think I've figured out how their production work; now I just need to figure out how to use it. Anyway, I was wondering about one thing that I doubt will be used for anything, but might be fun in a specific situation. What I'm wondering is this:

Is it possible to build ships in a system where I have a planet and there is an enemy fleet present? The reason that normally isn't possible is due to the Space Dock being blocked, but Arborec could use it's Ground Forces to build.

I can't find any rules that prevent this and it might be fun to surprise people with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
mbmbmbmbmb
This is forbidden. The FAQ ruled on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the answer. I figured as much. Was just a funny thought anyway. I can't find it in the FAQ, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
It's actually not in the FAQ, but it was ruled on. They don't count as Space Docks directly (for things that target Space Docks), but they do follow all the same rules for building, including blockade rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nemanja
Serbia
flag msg tools
mb
A quick queston in regard to Arborec production:

If there are two Arborec GF during activation, do they produce 2 new GF for the total sum of 1 or 2 resources?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kouteki wrote:
A quick queston in regard to Arborec production:

If there are two Arborec GF during activation, do they produce 2 new GF for the total sum of 1 or 2 resources?

2 resources; each GF counts as a separate "space dock"-ish entity; and just like Space Docks cannot combine to build a single unit (IE, if you have Sarween Tools, you can't build a free Cruiser with a single Space Dock), you can't combine units from Arborec GF's. So each GF will build 1 extra GF, but it will cost the full 1.

That's the main counterbalance to the Arborec's ability (until you get their racial tech).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S├ębastien Gamache
Canada
St-Arsene
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is true, therefore it means that you can use sarween tools on every GF you have in a system? Have 6 GF on a planet and it means you have 6 resources available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grummore wrote:
If this is true, therefore it means that you can use sarween tools on every GF you have in a system?

No, because Sarween Tools only work when producing at Space Docks. While GF's function similar to Space Docks, they are never actually considered space docks (they just follow the same rules for building).

So Sarween Tools doesn't affect GFs at all. But each GF does still produce units independently; you can't combine their builds any more than you can combine builds of two space docks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.