Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have got the Endless Armies of Hydra on the rooftops when I attack with Storm's Lightning bolt, do I still get the -2 modifier to the EEoH even if the Fight text causes new villains to push the row along?

Example, EEoH are on the Rooftops and I attack with Storm's Lightning bolt (EEoH have a strength of 4 and the Lighting bolt + modifier would allow me to defeat the EEoH). However the the Fight text of EEoH (Play the top two cards of the Villain deck) causes two new Villains to appear, pushing the EEoH to the Bridge. Is the -2 modifier now no longer valid?

Clarification on this would be much appreciated as this game is killing me solo ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you get the modifier because you kill it first, then do the fight text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great - thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Fight" effects on cards take place after the villain or mastermind is fought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christian and Darth Ed are correct, as confirmed by the designer here. Also remember that the Lightning Bolt effect is for all villains you fight on the rooftops that turn, so the villain that got pushed there is at -2 attack too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobblySavage wrote:
Christian and Darth Ed are correct, as confirmed by the designer here. Also remember that the Lightning Bolt effect is for all villains you fight on the rooftops that turn, so the villain that got pushed there is at -2 attack too.

Thanks again for the clarification. The villain that got moved onto the rooftops was too powerful even with the modifier! Anyway, it's good to know that the fight effect comes into play AFTER you defeat the villain.

Although rare - this situation came up three times in one play last night!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Lopez
United States
Le Claire
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Board Game Content for Everyone
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, sorry to hijack, but I also had a question on this very same card.

I ran into this issue this morning and wasn't sure what to do. I had two copies of this very card which allows -2 to villains on the Rooftops. If I played both cards, do they stack, or is one negated and only one activated?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Big Poppi
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TemplarGaming wrote:
Hi, sorry to hijack, but I also had a question on this very same card.

I ran into this issue this morning and wasn't sure what to do. I had two copies of this very card which allows -2 to villains on the Rooftops. If I played both cards, do they stack, or is one negated and only one activated?

Thanks!

They stack, but you would still do any fight effects on cards that have an attack/health of 0 or below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Lopez
United States
Le Claire
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Board Game Content for Everyone
mbmbmbmbmb
HURRAY FOR STACKING!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They stack, but you can't reduce a villain to less than zero attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.