Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have an artist friend who I consulted a couple of months ago about what type of materials might be best to use in constructing a dice tower. Since I know nothing of craft making, and less of art, I was just trying to determine whether it would even be feasible. He hadn't heard of dice towers, but after a bit of Googling, he had the general idea. He responded with some suggestions, but then stated that if I took care of the materials, he'd be happy to help me out. I gladly accepted, and told him that I'd like to try to make one with an Elder Sign/Cthulhu theme. He was definitely into that idea and started the ball rolling. To make a long story only somewhat less long, I maybe sanded a piece of wood and vacuumed some saw dust, and the rest was done by him. I was truly stunned with the result. I honestly think it's the coolest dice tower ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies for the pictures being rotated incorrectly. Hopefully you get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gray Deth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that does look nice; good job.

my only criticism is that the nail and screw heads should be hidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Graydeth wrote:
that does look nice; good job.

my only criticism is that the nail and screw heads should be hidden.

Well I didn't do it, so I can't take any credit, but my friend would be the first to say he's not a wood worker. The screw heads have some wood putty over them, but I see what you mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that would look awesome on the table with Arkham Horror!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KillerTaco wrote:
Wow, that would look awesome on the table with Arkham Horror!

I know! I'm planning on playing Elder Sign with it soon, but haven't had the time yet. I broke it in with Alhambra: The Dice Game. It was a bit odd putting those building dice into the abyss, but it was still cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Okay, now we need one with a Sentinels of the Multiverse theme, a Gunship: First Strike theme, a Civilization theme...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Much as I love Sentinels of the Universe (solid 10 for me, easily), I don't think we need a dice tower for the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
KillerTaco wrote:
Much as I love Sentinels of the Universe (solid 10 for me, easily), I don't think we need a dice tower for the game.

...Yeah, just thinking the same thing. Maybe you could roll a dice in the fancy tower to decide who goes first? (After the Villian of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nihilistic Detonator
Mexico
flag msg tools
Wooow... looks like Necronomicon themed

nice..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leave the nail and screw heads as they are... looks more 'old fashioned coffin' like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Palpatine wrote:
Leave the nail and screw heads as they are... looks more 'old fashioned coffin' like.

You actually bring up a good point. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.