Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused on this simple rule during the Rally phase. I know the Attacker can rally one MMC. Must that MMC have a squared morale number? Or can any MMC attempt to self rally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jackson

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, The attacker can attempt to Rally one MMC without a "self rally" squared morale number.

Remember, that you still need to make a "rally dice roll" to actually rally that unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joris
Netherlands
Haarlem
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All MMCs and SMCs of the defender with squared morale may also try to self rally during the rally phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Puente
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify: The attacker (and the defender) can rally as many units as they have if they are squared-morale, or are with a leader.

The rule is a special privilege only for the attacker, who can choose one additional MMC (with no leader or squared morale) to try to rally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But also note: This free, MMC self-rally attempt must be the FIRST rally attempt of the Rally Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Luke Sineath wrote:
But also note: This free, MMC self-rally attempt must be the FIRST rally attempt of the Rally Phase.

Actually, it only has to be the first *MMC* rally attempt... the attacker can attempt to rally broken leaders before deciding which MMC will attempt a self-rally.

This is not completely clear in the ASLSK rules, which simply state that all self-rallies occur before any regular (leader-assisted) rallies may be attempted, but it is explicitly stated in the full ASL rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And, if the Attacker's single first MMC self-rally attempt results in Field Promotion (DR=2), then that new leader may attempt to rally broken MMC units that may remain in its same hex during unit rallies! Also, don't forget that the Attacker's MMC self-rally attempt also carries a +1DRM for self-rally attempt, like all other SR attempts.

Edit: BTW, there are no MMCs with "Square-framed" self-rally capabilty in SK1; you'll meet them as Crews in SK2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Brewer
United States
Monticello
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super. Thanks for all the answers and covering all the angles. I was totally confused by the SK rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon G
United States
Bossier City
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrBrewhaha wrote:
Super. Thanks for all the answers and covering all the angles. I was totally confused by the SK rulebook.

Me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.