I'm Gonna Wreck It!
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I know that the purpose of the Kickstarter is to evaluate demand, but at this point what is the predicted availability of this product going to be? Will it likely go OOP after a time or what? Will it be easy to acquire or require an arm and a leg because prices jumped to $200...

I would definitely like to get on this eventually, but right now I'm saving up funds for a preorder of BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia while it is $25 off with a promo before it jumps to $85 gulp. (because the video game was incredible and I just can't get enough Bioshock.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Impossible to read the future, but it shouldn't be that difficult to get a copy upon general release. If you wait six months, then it could be an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
The base is a beautiful, popular game that did very well.

I'm GUESSING easy-to get in a month or so!

Guessing. Tasty Minstrel product (high quality and strongly supported, seems to stay on the shelves indefinitely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkayati wrote:
Impossible to read the future, but it shouldn't be that difficult to get a copy upon general release. If you wait six months, then it could be an issue.

Roger this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CalebSkye wrote:

Guessing. Tasty Minstrel product (high quality and strongly supported, seems to stay on the shelves indefinitely.

Well, I hope they sell off of the shelves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Phillips
United States
Independence
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to pre-order the game through one of the online retailers like coolstuffinc.com once it gets closer to the release date. This should guarantee you a copy, plus they generally sell it cheaper than the price on kickstarter, but you don't get any of the stretch goal rewards. This particular kickstarter doesn't have much in the way of stretch goals, so I'm not going to pay the MSRP, since I don't have to have it before everyone else.

As an example of price difference, Belfort's MSRP is $60, but CSI sells it for 39.99. Even after shipping, CSI is considerably cheaper.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/138973
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Gonna Wreck It!
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
CalebSkye wrote:

Well, I hope they sell off of the shelves!

I guess this is really what I'm asking. Are you doing one print of it and that's it forever or are you doing multiple print runs like with everything else you do.

hecubus667 wrote:
You should be able to pre-order the game through one of the online retailers like coolstuffinc.com once it gets closer to the release date. This should guarantee you a copy, plus they generally sell it cheaper than the price on kickstarter, but you don't get any of the stretch goal rewards. This particular kickstarter doesn't have much in the way of stretch goals, so I'm not going to pay the MSRP, since I don't have to have it before everyone else.

As an example of price difference, Belfort's MSRP is $60, but CSI sells it for 39.99. Even after shipping, CSI is considerably cheaper.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/138973

OK, that's good to know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pyroraptor70 wrote:
I guess this is really what I'm asking. Are you doing one print of it and that's it forever or are you doing multiple print runs like with everything else you do.

I'd venture a guess that the answer depends on whether they sit on the shelf, or get bought up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Gonna Wreck It!
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
pyroraptor70 wrote:

I'd venture a guess that the answer depends on whether they sit on the shelf, or get bought up!

OK, so a typical market model. From the wording of the Kickstarter it just seemed to be breaking all of the typical rules. Like Geico and their 5 (or 6) different mascots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pyroraptor70 wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
pyroraptor70 wrote:

OK, so a typical market model. From the wording of the Kickstarter it just seemed to be breaking all of the typical rules. Like Geico and their 5 (or 6) different mascots.

Of course it depends, but I am also prone to printing a decent amount extra and then holding back on a reprint for awhile. The marginal cost to print extra thousands at a certain point is very low.

So, I don't know what I will be doing exactly and my opinions on some things have been shifting.

I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Gonna Wreck It!
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:

Of course it depends, but I am also prone to printing a decent amount extra and then holding back on a reprint for awhile. The marginal cost to print extra thousands at a certain point is very low.

So, I don't know what I will be doing exactly and my opinions on some things have been shifting.

I don't know.

OK. That basically answers my question.

TMG P500?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.