Subject: Warp tiles gone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Azevedo
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
So I've been checking out the forums and decided to buy the game, looks very, very fun!!

BUUUT, i'm worried about the warp tiles, is there any chance I can get a copy of the game with that problem still?
Or is there any way to see if it is a newer version without warp tiles?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew DiLoreto
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nope, non-warped version has been out since like 2010 or something. Also, get it! its a fantastic game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure the version with the warped tiles was only the 1st printing of 2nd edition. My copy was fine, and I bought it about a year ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
Pretty sure the version with the warped tiles was only the 1st printing of 2nd edition. My copy was fine, and I bought it about a year ago.

Same here. I bought my copy late last year, I believe - and it has held up well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
burning mirage
Greece
flag msg tools
dkabib wrote:
So I've been checking out the forums and decided to buy the game, looks very, very fun!!

BUUUT, i'm worried about the warp tiles, is there any chance I can get a copy of the game with that problem still?
Or is there any way to see if it is a newer version without warp tiles?

Thanks

Buy the game with no worries.

I bought my copy a few months ago and the tiles were warped alright, but i came in contact with wizards of the coast and they sent me new ones with no fuss at all!!

and their service was excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MP R
msg tools
mbmbmb
What are Warp tiles? This?

I certainly feel betrayed already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John V
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Have yet to see anyone explain how you can tell which version you received? Just got one from Amazon today and only learned about this afterward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you purchased it today, you probably got the non-warped tiles. They were corrected years ago. So unless yours has been sitting lonely on a shelf somewhere for 7 years, it is the corrected version.
The way to tell for sure is to punch out the tiles. If they lay flat, you are fine. If they are warped and do not lay flat, you have one of the problem sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John V
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Oh, okay. I thought it meant that they tend to warp easily over time. The tiles are pretty danged thin - not as nice as the ones from Munchkin Deluxe for example - but they seem to lay flat.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.