Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Miles
United States
Murfreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, this one is a favorite of mine and I recently introduced it to a group of friends who loved it. The birthday of one of said friends is coming up soon and I was considering FoD as a present but I can't find it anywhere for under a hundred. CSI is out of stock and most E-bay listings are like ninety including shipping. Did this one go oop when I wasn't looking? Either way, I'm glad I have my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
PandaCleric wrote:
So this is a favorite of mine and I recently introduced it to a group of friends who loved it. The birthday of one of said friends is coming up soon and I was considering FoD as a present but I can't find it anywhere for under a hundred. CSI is out of stock and most E-bay listings are like ninety including shipping. Did this one go oop when I wasn't looking? Either way, I'm glad I have my copy.

Thought it was OOP (and the going rate backs that up) but since I have it, wasn't paying attention. You can check FFG to see if a reprint is due.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is not reprinting it, it is OOP and that way to stay unfortunately. My copy vanished after having to move about a dozen times and I want to get my hands on another copy as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been out of print now since 2010. No sign on the Fantasy Flight website either of a new printing. However the game is still shown on their website which makes me think that they will eventually. When they decided to not do another printing of Britannia they took that one off their website. The fact that 3 years after it basically sold out from distributors that Fantasy Flight still has it on their website makes me think we will see another printing at some point. Maybe just not really soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
This has been out of print now for a while. No sign on the Fantasy Flight website either of a new printing. However the game is still shown on their website which makes me think that they will eventually. When they decided to not do another printing of Britannia they took that one off their website.

I thought the same as well, so I contacted FFG and they confirmed that they will no be doing another print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's the case that is a real shame. This is one of my favorite games going back to the original back in the 80s. Looks like I should go out and get myself some card sleeves to protect the cards if this is the case. Anyone know off the top of their heads the number of cards in the game?

Alternatively Kevin Wilson the designer left Fantasy Flight last year and has gone freelance. Perhaps he has plans for the game with another publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be awesome, but I thought it was FFG that held the license for the Games Workshop games. Nothing more I'd like than getting my hands on a copy, it's been a favorite of mine for quite some time. Luckily one of the guys in my group has a copy but I'd like to have my own as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PandaCleric wrote:
So, this one is a favorite of mine and I recently introduced it to a group of friends who loved it. The birthday of one of said friends is coming up soon and I was considering FoD as a present but I can't find it anywhere for under a hundred.

There are copies in the BGG marketplace for as low as $65. ($55 if you don't mind replaced components)

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.