Subject: Eclipse + Rise of the Ancients Storage Solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
First and foremost, this solution does not fit in the original box. I know I just lost about half my audience, but hear me out. This route, has made the game incredibly organized, and very well protected.

I purchased a "Art Bin" storage container from Jo-Ann Crafts, and the thing is a beast. You can see that it lends to plenty of individual compartments to separate tiles to your hearts content. (I also use one for Agricola, which has made the game much more enjoyable).

I then took all the 9 player component pieces and put them in 9 Ultra Pro card boxes that hold 50 cards. These then went into the original insert as shown. Note that I did have to trim the edges of the insert to get the two end containers to fit, but after doing such, the 9 fit in there very snugly. I then cut cardboard pieces to cross each other to hold the hex tiles in place snugly, which left a perfect space for cards, and room for parts in a possible future expansion. There is also plenty of room for more hex tiles. If you go this route remember to make your cardboard cross pieces slightly shorter than the inside of the box to allow for the player mats and instructions to still fit in.

I know this is not for everyone, as you now have an entire extra tile bin, but I have found the extra space well worth the organization, and time saved during set up and tear down. Hopefully this helps a few. If you have any questions let me know, and I will be glad to help how I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I like your solution .

I've came up with something similar and does not fit into the box either. I don't care about this as long as the organization reduces setup and breakdown time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Gejayge wrote:
I know this is not for everyone, as you now have an entire extra tile bin, but I have found the extra space well worth the organization, and time saved during set up and tear down.

Well, yes, but you can get your stuff organized and quick to set up/tear down while still keeping everything in the original box.

This is how I store the game at the moment, but I still want to improve it. The tile box is smaller than yours, so it fits in the box. The cube trays make this system quick to set up. I want to make separators for the hex tiles. They are already sorted by type; the separators will make for quicker access.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian o
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
First and foremost, this solution does not fit in the original box. I know I just lost about half my audience,

See ya later!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.