Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R K
Canada
Amherst
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We're looking to pick up a copy of this game but have been really frustrated by how hard it is to find.

I've checked at four local board game and hobby shop retailers that stock other Z-Man games, no one had it in stock and one couldn't even find it on their distributor's list. Another told me that they were unsure when they would be able to order it because of distribution issues.

I managed to find the Z-Man distributor in Canada online and a quick look through their catalog shows entries for Pandemic and the expansion, but both are listed as out of stock.

Is there a supply problem with this game in Canada, or is it out of print or what? I realize it is available online, but prefer to support local businesses and avoid shipping fees when I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably has something to do with the first patch of misprint boards. Best of luck. I got mine from Target but it was the 1st prints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the new edition which was only printed recently. Your competing with everyone who is a fan and wants to be able to play the extra 'in the lab' mini expansion which is included in this base set not to mention anyone new to the game who got caught up in the buzz of the release.

Josh's theory on the boards may also be a significant factor, though I haven't heard anything to confirm this. They offered replacement boards to anyone who got in touch with them requesting one.

I have no doubt that another print run is in the works as we speak and no doubt at some point in the near future a copy will be in your hands.

I can guarantee you it's worth the wait.

(as an aside the new version of the expansion hasn't been released yet to my knowledge, though I haven't been following things closely)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are copies in stock at Fun Games Cafe (dot) com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R M
Canada
Athabasca
Alberta
flag msg tools
WIN OR LOSE I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN!
badge
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mbmbmbmbmb
try ordering from a online canadian store like geekstop or waterloo based jjcards?

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R K
Canada
Amherst
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I know it's available online, was more just wondering if anyone else had run into this brick and mortar distribution problem or if there's any official word from a distro or the publisher themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert Figuière
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have issues finding it at my local retailers here in Montreal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.