Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Wellycon only Math Trade. For more about Wellycon check the blog http://wellycon.blogspot.co.nz/ for details or email wellycon@gmail.com

Please read the summary page on math trades before participating, to be sure you understand what's happening. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades . Math trades take the organisers many hours of preparation at each stage, so your care and attention to detail are appreciated. My thanks again to Meowsqueak for offering to receive and process the submissions.

Disclaimer:
You participate at your own risk in the math trade and if something goes wrong the responsibility lies with you. However, to protect all participants I reserve the right to exclude any user that I feel presents a risk to the integrity of the trade. Over the last 3 trades NZ math trades involving more than we have yet to have someone default on an item but its useful to remember the risk. Last trade over a 100 items moved and I don’t believe anyone defaulted on their trades.

The beauty of the math trade is that you only ever trade something you want. YOU specify what you are prepared to trade for, so although you may not get your preferred trade, the algorithm will only ever make trades that you have said you want.

The trade occurs in two phases. Listing the items for trade, and specifying what items you would trade for.

Specific Rules:
This trade is open to Wellycon 2013 participants only. You must be at the convention for pickup and delivery of games on Saturday evening at 5.30pm.

This trade is open only to modern board games and card games with a BGG rank of approximately 1500 or less. This is not a hard and fast rule. Geekmail me if there is a problem. That means no cash, no geekgold, no Buffy DVDs etc. It also means no chess, no monopoly, no risk and no rugby trivia. High profile modern party games are acceptable.

Limits:
EDIT - LIMIT 15 items. Duplicates of items already on the list are okay. You can combine multiple games into one item (e.g. Carcassonne plus expansions).

Please describe the edition, language, and condition of the game. Pick a picture that represents the game you're offering if there are multiple versions. Detail the condition please, ‘good condition’ is not particularly helpful.

Please count pieces to make sure the games are complete, and accurately list any components that are missing or damaged.

In order to make your items more appealing, you may want to add one or more "sweeteners" to the item listing -- an expansion, a related game, or a completely unrelated item that you think will make it a more desirable package.

Items for which there is no BGG listing can be listed as Miscellaneous Game Accessory.

Please do not delete items from the list even if you no longer want to trade them. Just submit null trade lists later.

Please do not comment the list, that space will be reserved for announcements and game numbers. Please subscribe to the linked post and to the geeklist to keep in touch with what is happening.

Algorithm:
Trade lists will be found by TradeMaximizer using SCALED-PRIORITIES, ALLOW-DUMMIES, REQUIRE-COLONS and REQUIRE-USERNAMES switches.

Deadlines:
Add items to the list by: 8pm Friday May 10.
Official item list posted by: 8pm Monday May 13.
Want Lists Due By: Monday May 20.
Official Results Posted By: Monday May 27.
Pickup: Saturday June 1, 5.30pm at Wellycon
Deadlines are NZ time, GMT + 12.

Format:
The official item list will be of a format something like:
001-TWIXT
002-BMOON
003-PUERT
004-TICHU

Want lists must be submitted in a format like

(sbszine) 001-TWIXT : 004-TICHU 002-BMOON

indicating that sbszine, the person who put item 001, a Twixt game, into the list would be willing to accept either item 004, a Tichu game, or item 002, Blue Moon, in trade for it. The order of listing is your order of preference, in case both trades are possible.

The order of wants is a tiebreaker only. The system will first try to maximise the number of trades, even if this means that you get your last preference. The order of your wants will only be considered if there are multiple ways to get the maximum trades. But, fear not! You will never get a game that is not on your want list.

If you put 5 games on this trade list, you will be submitting 5 different want lists (five lines in the geekmail). All want lists will be geekmailed, though to user meowsqueak). The title of the mail will be
NZ MATH TRADE -

David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Email Wellycon@gmail.com with any questions.

So we are ready to go. Head on over to http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/156417/wellycon-new-ze... to post your games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stocks
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this need a bit more advertising? Not many games on there at the moment and there are only a few days left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Adamson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Stocksy250884 wrote:
Does this need a bit more advertising? Not many games on there at the moment and there are only a few days left.

I'd say yes, probably. I got the original notification about Wellycon and was expecting to hear more about the Math Trade but never did. I only just found this by accident...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Posts are closed and lists are due next Monday night. About 35 games in all primarily due to the lack of promotion Hopefully we get a trade or three out though. If games don't trade feel free to do some counter offering though.

Enjoy
Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowan McAlpine
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
a good game!
badge
a good game!
mbmbmbmbmb
Submitted! I was sitting there watching the names roll in, refreshing the page. Thanks for putting this together! I'm super exited to see if I get any trades in a couple of weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pretty good list Andrew even though only 30 or so titles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
It's a pretty good list Andrew even though only 30 or so titles.

I agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Lower Hutt, WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Think of me as the Bishop of East Anglia
mbmbmbmbmb
there's no Wellycon threads this year so for want of any other places to post this

Games I may bring to Wellycon for trade or sale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stocks
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting very restless/excited to see if I got any trades. I find myself looking here pretty much every hour while I'm at work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maths Trade results are now available here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meowsqueak, you're awesome, thanks for all the hard work and your contribution.

Regards
Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
citylife wrote:
Meowsqueak, you're awesome, thanks for all the hard work and your contribution.

Regards
Andrew

No problem - the hard work as all last time, this time it was a lot easier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade went off without a hitch. Everyone was stoked with the trading. Math trades .... So beautiful. And David's comments around the condition of the code submitted was that it went great. Such a difference to the days of work involved a couple of ears when we ran the trade with 250ish items, almost half of which traded.

Thanks to those that participated.
Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stocks
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, thanks Meowsqueak.

I continued Wellycon on Monday by getting my girlfriend to play my three Mathtrades and a fourth extra trade I did
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stocksy250884 wrote:
Yeah, thanks Meowsqueak.

I continued Wellycon on Monday by getting my girlfriend to play my three Mathtrades and a fourth extra trade I did

How'd that play out? Should we keep an eye out for you sleeping in the street as we head to work tomorrow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.