Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Question Repository rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yaeu Li
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the project and the attention to detail on the Kickstarter campaign. There's a great buzz surrounding this game. I have a few questions concerning the game that I am hoping to get answered. I am hoping that most of these have not been asked publicly and will shed some more light in the aftermath of the campaign. Feel free to answer them, or indeed, add your own questions.

(A) Will there be a video update to show off Spriggan/Druid gameplay?

(B) Will we get the chance to view the updated artwork of the dragon, cyclops boss, Marcus etc prior to game release?

(C) When running 2 lairs, is it more difficult for the heroes if the spawning monsters are of the same faction or two different ones?

(D) How do miniboss spawns work? Do you choose which one to activate?

(E) Will we find out more information concerning fate dice prior to the rules being released?

(F) Does the skald deck have cards for damage is the hero primarily a support role?

(G) Is it confirmed that the artwork in the hero decks will be split between the male and female hero? In this case, does the Spriggan deck come with spriggan artwork or druid male/female?

(H) Will we find out more fluff about the world of Myth soon? The backgrounds of these races for example? Are there rats on the side of the light and the darkness? Does an orc hero exist?

(I) Will Merchants have visual respresentation with a figure, token or are they printed on a board or are they simply mentioned by text?

(J) Do the different minion models of the factions behave differently or have different abilities? Will Mr Skeleton Archer finally get his archery license?

(K) Are there many other hero concepts waiting at the tavern for their opportunity to weave a tale?

Can you tell I'm a bit obsessed with this project? I'll probably add more questions when they arise. Thanks for reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C - definitely harder with two different lairs
D - sometime via conditions on the darkness card pulled, other times via the quest cards that are in play
I - I think they have a card (no mini)
J - yes, they have different stats, attacks, AI, etc (not sure on Skelly Archer, but as he was being posed by the sculptor - it looks like he'll be using the bow as designed,... to shoot)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
msg tools
mbmb
E) Fate dice are already explained. First, when you attack, you roll a number of fate dice depending on items, skills and what have you. Second you see if any of the symbols rolled match the special abilities our your equipment. You can then spend symbols like a resource on whatever ability you want. If you have and ability that works with 1 green symbol and an ability that works with one green symbol and 1 red symbol and you roll 1 green and 1 red then you would have to choose which one to spend the green on.

F) While the Skald's main forte is support it does have damage dealing cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B - almost certainly. MERCS have said that they will still be sending out updates through the KS like the last one we got with some WiP sculpts so expect to see updated art work and sculpts before they are sent off for tooling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say there will be videos updates of this or that character but, they have already shown that they're willing to inform us of every aspect of the game before it's released.
New information about every character (video or not) would be available.
They will post the rules on summer. So I think will know more about Spriggan a long way before we can play with him.
... unfortunately... soblue

Concerning the question about the 2 lairs, it will be harder to fight two different types of minions than just one.
Since every kind of minion behaves differently, having to deal with two of them, makes the things harder for the heroes.
If you are fighting minions that attack the hero with most threat, you can make them all attack the hero that you want and the rest of the heroes can help that hero.
If you add new type of minions to the fight and these attack the hero with less threat, you will have now to heroes being attacked and the rest of the heroes have to help not one but two heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MERCS have already said that they will be doing another video to show us boss fights and I will be very surprised if they don't give us more information on the Spriggan/Druid before the stuff starts shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chimaerical wrote:
(A) Will there be a video update to show off Spriggan/Druid gameplay?

Possibly. MERCS said we'd be getting more videos, mentioned the boss fight specifically, but nothing else.

Quote:
(B) Will we get the chance to view the updated artwork of the dragon, cyclops boss, Marcus etc prior to game release?

Definitely.

Quote:
(C) When running 2 lairs, is it more difficult for the heroes if the spawning monsters are of the same faction or two different ones?

Different lairs are more difficult, at the end of a hero cycle, the Darkness gains 1 AP for each active enemy type - so it'd gain 2 AP/hero cycle as opposed to 1.

Quote:
(D) How do miniboss spawns work? Do you choose which one to activate?

Darkness deck and/or Quest. Sometimes it's predetermined, sometimes it's random (or player choice).

Quote:
(E) Will we find out more information concerning fate dice prior to the rules being released?

Roll fate die, hit weapon icon recipe - bonus ability.

Quote:
(F) Does the skald deck have cards for damage is the hero primarily a support role?

Has some damage cards (you can see it in the Skald video, something like "Skeleton Boss was vanquished").

Quote:
(G) Is it confirmed that the artwork in the hero decks will be split between the male and female hero? In this case, does the Spriggan deck come with spriggan artwork or druid male/female?

Yes. I'm guessing the Spriggan deck will have Spriggan, and when the Druid is released, the art will be reworked to feature Druid male/female.

Quote:
(H) Will we find out more fluff about the world of Myth soon? The backgrounds of these races for example? Are there rats on the side of the light and the darkness? Does an orc hero exist?

Probably. An Orc hero will exist, MERCS have mentioned it.

Quote:
(I) Will Merchants have visual respresentation with a figure, token or are they printed on a board or are they simply mentioned by text?

Probably a token or card. No figure.

Quote:
(J) Do the different minion models of the factions behave differently or have different abilities? Will Mr Skeleton Archer finally get his archery license?

Some do, some don't. The Skelly bowman has been mentioned to use his bow as a club, not as a ranged weapon. That might change.

Quote:
(K) Are there many other hero concepts waiting at the tavern for their opportunity to weave a tale?

I don't know about many, but there are some. They mentioned a beastmaster/pet-type hero. Then there are the advanced classes of the existing heroes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.