Will Chambliss
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More copies of plot cards?
That seems a little overboard
2 copies is really all you need and it really does help the decks feel mor complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Grutz
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if you're REALLY into tournament level play and need 3 copies of certain cards. For me, every once in awhile it would have been nice to have had a third copy of a event like Insidious Ways or a third Enemy Informer, but whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smullens
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
To answer your question more thoroughly:

The 'base' game comes with four '45' card decks for each of the houses. In these decks there are several cards that the decks only include '1' of.

A Custom built deck will typically have 60 card decks, and in order to have a consistently playing (less random) deck you'll want multiple copies of some of the cards that you only get one of in the base game. In order to have 'all' the options available you may want up to 3 copies of the cards that come with the base set, as that is how many copies of a card you're allowed to put in a deck.

In addition, some of the plots (Valor Maghoulis for example) You may want to have available in multiple decks, and the base game only comes with one copy. This allows you to build multiple decks, so that multiple people can play with your provided cards, and you don't have to remake your deck every time you want to play with a different house.

2 'core' sets is what is recommended, with the 3rd only being something I'd recommended purchasing is there are specific cards you want 3 of (and imo I think the money you'd spend on a third core set is better spent on expansions and chapter packs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I recently bought a second core set. I think there were about 20 cards that I wanted. Sometimes it was plots like Valar for multiple decks, otherwise multiples like flame kissed for Targ burn. It was rather annoying as most of the characters are superceded by more interesting versions from chapter packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you'd ever really need three. I have thought about picking up a third box, but it would only be for more plot cards. I keep a deck built for each house at all times, so my girlfriend and I can play whichever house we want without any setup time, and I could use an extra of some of them (Valar for example).

I decided against it, but it would be handy. If they ever release a core card set (with just the cards) for cheaper I'd probably pick it up but I won't buy a third full core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.