Subject: Reciprocal blind hexes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If LOS to a lower level unit is blocked due to a blind hex (say jungle), is that reciprocal or can the lower level unit see the higher level unit, but not visa versa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Akashi_12 wrote:
If LOS to a lower level unit is blocked due to a blind hex (say jungle), is that reciprocal or can the lower level unit see the higher level unit, but not visa versa?

Line of sight is always reciprocal in Combat Commander.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
scoutmom wrote:
Line of sight is always reciprocal in Combat Commander.

FWLIW - Explicitly stated in the rules (16.1, 3rd Paragraph)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Akashi_12 wrote:

What sense would that make?

You can't see through the building to see me...but I can see through it to see you?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
ASLChampion wrote:

As much sense as folks playing that units a gully could not be seen, but could see other units. Obviously an error, but folks have played that way and called gully broken until their understanding of the LOS rules was clarified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odd-Gunnar Wikmark
Norway
Kvaloysletta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
Akashi_12 wrote:

You can't see through the building to see me...but I can see through it to see you?!?

As much sense as many other rules in the game that simplifies reality - like shooting through cabins (it is just a game after all.

I real life, not a problem for a unit to hide behind trees, buildings (i.e. Out of Los du to blind hexes) and peek to see units up on a ridge (LOS).

In any case, thanks for the clarification on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.