Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
50 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Anyone miss out on the kickstarter and want to pledge? I put some up on ebay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I absolutely hate exclusives, especially when they are not readily available afterwards. I've missed out on a couple kickstarters before and been disappointed. I thought I'd help others who missed out on their opportunity to pledge and get all the extra goodies. So if anyone wants to add some sort of pledge let me know and I'll set it up on ebay. I figure that would be the easiest and safest place. I set up a couple Captain level ones already here. Once I get them I will ship them to you.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

I'm just starting it at $100, and I will pay the extra shipping whatever that is. I am not looking to make a profit from this, just to help out those who got into it a little late. I'll open up as many auctions as people who are interested. Please let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, selling something on ebay over 8 months in advance really doesnt offer any extra security.
From experience, Ebay will do NOTHING after 90 days.

I think its a cool idea.
I think setting it up here thru the marketplace would be a better idea.
BGG takes less than ebay in fees.
And here people have a reputation thats important within the community.

Ive helped people piggy back a few times.
The way ive worked it before is payment via paypal with email trails so that both sides understand everything coming and going and have proof.

Just food for thought.

Past that, thanks for working to help the community.
thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Okay. I haven't tried doing anything in the BGG marketplace, but maybe I'd give it a shot. I'm most familiar with ebay though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Pigulla
Germany
Feldkirchen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eternaldream wrote:
I absolutely hate exclusives, especially when they are not readily available afterwards.

Would be pretty shitty exclusives if they were readily available afterwards :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, even if you have missed the KS you still probably have months to get in as a late pledger. I pledged on Relic Knights almost 3 months after the KS had ended. It would be easier for somebody to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n3rd wrote:
eternaldream wrote:
I absolutely hate exclusives, especially when they are not readily available afterwards.

Would be pretty shitty exclusives if they were readily available afterwards :-)

There's always timed exclusives

Nothing wrong with exclusive content, frankly my biggest issue with it is the inflated sale price afterwards. Personally if I get something exclusive, because for example I kickstarted it, I like it more if ONLY other kickstarter backers have it, not people that went & bought it later off ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
eternaldream wrote:
I absolutely hate exclusives, especially when they are not readily available afterwards. I've missed out on a couple kickstarters before and been disappointed. I thought I'd help others who missed out on their opportunity to pledge and get all the extra goodies. So if anyone wants to add some sort of pledge let me know and I'll set it up on ebay. I figure that would be the easiest and safest place. I set up a couple Captain level ones already here. Once I get them I will ship them to you.

I'm just starting it at $100, and I will pay the extra shipping whatever that is. I am not looking to make a profit from this, just to help out those who got into it a little late. I'll open up as many auctions as people who are interested. Please let me know!

SCALPER!!!!!

I'm not impressed.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
eternaldream wrote:

SCALPER!!!!!

I'm not impressed.

-Ski

Not sure he's a scalper to be fair. His eBay rating is 100% positive from over 200 feedback and the listings do state that they are pre-orders to help out people who missed out. I just think there's better ways of doing it than through eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not do a Buy-it-now on Ebay if you're not looking to profit?

Also, you will have associated Ebay fees and if you sell several of these your Ebay fees may be quite substantial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
SCALPER!!!!!

I'm not impressed.

Eh, ticket scalping is a problem because you're buying an inherently limited resource, thereby depriving people of the ability to buy them at the normal price, and then reselling them into an artificially limited market.

You can't "scalp" Myth, because there weren't a limited number of copies printed. If ten thousand people had pledged intending to resell, they'd just print ten thousand extra copies and none of the "legitimate" pledges would have been affected in any way. Nobody missed out on Myth because OP bought a couple of extra copies.

Obviously this argument only works for things which are not limited -- campaigns which offer early bird pledges and the like can indeed be "scalped".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm really not trying to scalp. I tried doing a Buy it Now but it wouldn't let me doing it without putting a price in first. I sell a lot on ebay, but I don't really do anything fancy. If I knew how to do the BGG store I'd do that. I just don't know how. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG Marketplace is super easy. Click Bazaar on the top line, then select Marketplace. There is a link for Sell a Game. It's pretty straightforward from there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mueller
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up that this against ebay policies as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
All kinds of wrong here.

If you are giving people a chance to do a captain level pledge, it should be buy it now at $100 (plus a shipping fee for you).

However, ebay specify goods must be available within 30 days of payment. Myth isn't available for eight months (maybe more), so you are breaking the rules.

Your listing also specifies goods will ship in May.

Of course, you are also selling a place on a crowd-funding project as a preorder. That's probably not a good idea either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Okay, fair enough. Just trying to help. I took down the auctions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
eternaldream wrote:

I would definitely take you up on this. I meant to do a $100 pledge and missed the deadline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
ignorantpenguin wrote:
eternaldream wrote:

I would definitely take you up on this. I meant to do a $100 pledge and missed the deadline.

Try contacting MERCs direct. I'm pretty sure people are still getting in pledges. And if you go direct to them you get the promo Twilight Knight, which you wouldn't get by piggybacking on other people's pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
ignorantpenguin wrote:
eternaldream wrote:

Try contacting MERCs direct. I'm pretty sure people are still getting in pledges. And if you go direct to them you get the promo Twilight Knight, which you wouldn't get by piggybacking on other people's pledges.

I second this. I did it with LOKA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

How would you not get the Twilight Knight? If you pledge 2xCaptain, you get all the stretch rewards, no?

I decided to go for 2xCaptain, will probably take some of the miniatures to get me to dual lair, and then sell the rest. It seemed like a way better deal than paying for the extras from a cost standpoint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattVid wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Try contacting direct. I'm pretty sure people are still getting in pledges. And if you go direct to them you get the promo Twilight Knight, which you wouldn't get by piggybacking on other people's pledges.

How would you not get the Twilight Knight? If you pledge 2xCaptain, you get all the stretch rewards, no?

Because the Twilight Knight is not a "stretch reward", it's a gift to backers from another backer, KD:M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattVid wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

I decided to go for 2xCaptain, will probably take some of the miniatures to get me to dual lair, and then sell the rest. It seemed like a way better deal than paying for the extras from a cost standpoint.

She was one for each backer at $75+.
Not for each pledge.
They clarified this in the KS.

So yeah, anyone who piggy backs does not get the Twilight Knight.
Same thing from the KD:M KS.
Didnt think about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
MattVid wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Try contacting direct. I'm pretty sure people are still getting in pledges. And if you go direct to them you get the promo Twilight Knight, which you wouldn't get by piggybacking on other people's pledges.

Because the Twilight Knight is not a "stretch reward", it's a gift to backers from another backer, KD:M.

That is pretty dumb, I guess I should have just made 2 different accounts then. I find it funny offering rewards for exploiting a system that is easy to exploit, and then not offering it for people that only have one account. Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattVid wrote:
Terah wrote:
MattVid wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

That is pretty dumb, I guess I should have just made 2 different accounts then. I find it funny offering rewards for exploiting a system that is easy to exploit, and then not offering it for people that only have one account. Oh well.

It wasnt something that Mercs did.
Adam that did KD:M bought one of the slots where you design a special character for the game.
He had the option to keep it SUPER exclusive and only him get it, or share it with the KS.
He chose to share it, on the grounds that it would be one per backer, not pledge.
My thinking of his view of that was thus:
He is bashfully optimistic of the gamer world.
He did the same thing with her in his KS.
And I expect people did take advantage and do two accounts.

But what I know of him, he would not have expected people to do this.
He would expect that each person would get one, thereby making it a very personal gift, and very limited.

So yeah, it may have been set up where some few could exploit it.
Im sure a few did. But, I imagine, most didnt.

So the real question is, would you have done so if you knew?
Now knowing the intent of the free gift?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nodjmet

North Dakota
msg tools
ropya wrote:
MattVid wrote:
Terah wrote:
MattVid wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Adam that did KD:M bought one of the slots where you design a special character for the game.
He had the option to keep it SUPER exclusive and only him get it, or share it with the KS.
He chose to share it, on the grounds that it would be one per backer, not pledge.

He would expect that each person would get one, thereby making it a very personal gift, and very limited.

If only a lot of people could see things in this light. Everyone is lucky someone took a 2k purchase for a mini-boss and then let it be put out there for anyone beyond themselves. However since following KS..this is my first btw... it is clear the masses that are on a KS are just looking to maximize freebies at a lower cost to them that they can maximize later when/if they resell. I do believe you have the true intent of KS in your head and the masses have lost that that complain and exploit on a technicality when they themselves wouldn't do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucerian wrote:
ropya wrote:
MattVid wrote:
Terah wrote:
MattVid wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

If only a lot of people could see things in this light. Everyone is lucky someone took a 2k purchase for a mini-boss and then let it be put out there for anyone beyond themselves. However since following KS..this is my first btw... it is clear the masses that are on a KS are just looking to maximize freebies at a lower cost to them that they can maximize later when/if they resell. I do believe you have the true intent of KS in your head and the masses have lost that that complain and exploit on a technicality when they themselves wouldn't do the same.

Agree completely. I see so many comments from people about how they can't wait to sell their additional promos (particularly Zombicide) to make a buck. We got an awesome deal from MERCS who just kept throwing stuff at us, spent a lot of their time responding to questions and giving people what they asked for, and still people want to set up second accounts to inflate numbers to get Connor and now to get a second copy of the Twilight Knight (although it is odd that they didn't give one per pledge above $75 to be honest as some people pledge together with friends etc.).

For the record I do not think the OP was trying to con anybody, he did seem to genuinely be trying to help (otherwise why would he have advertised it so well). But I don't think eBay is the best way of doing it and MERCS released this statement as part of their latest update:

If you missed the KS and messaged me about getting in the pledge manager, we'll square you away when we launch the pledge manager. You'll be able to add additional items, increase pledge level, and confirm your order.

So you are able to get on as a later pledger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.