Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Historical Board Gaming has Germany pieces, British pieces, and chips back in stock.

http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Axis-Allies-1914_c_427....

Not the best solution, but it is a solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave de Vil
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
By combining my chips from previous A&A games with the 1914 set I've been able to use chips for units, solving the multi-stack problem. They don't stack together that well, but it's better than having 9 or 10 stacks in the same tt. So I have:

Grey - infantry
Red - artillery
Brown - tanks
Dark Blue - fighters

The obligatory infantry you stack on the top denotes nationality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whew! I got Germans, British, and French. They were already out of the chips.

Thanks!meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Petterson
United States
Gulfport
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. I was able to add troops to several of my armies.
Russia, Austria/Hungary, Great Briton and France. They were out of Imperial Germany.
K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
One solution to the problem of, "HBG has run out of infantry pieces in the country / for the color that I want", is to take advantage of something else that HBG is doing. They are selling infantry in groups of 8, $0.50 per group (plus shipping, of course), one for each country on the board, at this link: http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Axis-Allies-1914-Infant.... While this will top off countries that don't need more infantry at the same time as supplying more infantry for countries that do, HBG is claiming to have, as of this evening, "368 in stock".

Just trying to help.

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett David Spain
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely Bonkers. But I will tell you a secret, All the best people are.
mbmbmbmbmb
midnight_reaper wrote:
One solution to the problem of, "HBG has run out of infantry pieces in the country / for the color that I want", is to take advantage of something else that HBG is doing. They are selling infantry in groups of 8, $0.50 per group (plus shipping, of course), one for each country on the board, at this link: http://www.historicalboardgaming.com/Axis-Allies-1914-Infant.... While this will top off countries that don't need more infantry at the same time as supplying more infantry for countries that do, HBG is claiming to have, as of this evening, "368 in stock".

Just trying to help.

-M_R

Unfortunately, the 368 does not include Germany or Britain. Only the countries in the drop down list are available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
throwingmuse wrote:
midnight_reaper wrote:

Just trying to help.

-M_R

Unfortunately, the 368 does not include Germany or Britain. Only the countries in the drop down list are available.

Well, bun-of-a-stitch. I hadn't noticed that. Sorry...

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nameless Necromancer
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Do what yhou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - Aleister Crowley
badge
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - John Galt
mbmbmbmbmb
Coldwarrior1984 wrote:
Whew! I got Germans, British, and French. They were already out of the chips.

Thanks!meeple

I got lucky on the chips!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.