Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The online rule book is different than the printed one. The online book states that: "Their starting city has a limit of 6 Buildings instead of 5."

But the printed rulebook says that your Military District is +1 instead of +2.

However, the rules for using the Mayor state the following:

"If you want to expand your City with a District, you must use the Mayor Citizen Card. When you expand the City, place a District Token next to the City Token on the Land Board. Depending on which District you choose, you will have +1 or +2 open spaces for Building Cards, as well as a Citizen or Military Card draw at the End Round phase. Cities may have multiple districts."

So, it seems like you get to choose anyway. I'm just confused on what you can do with this action. Does the Arc faction always have +2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When players choose to add a district to a city, they can choose to make it a Citizen District, which would add 2 building spaces and 1 Citizen draw, or they can choose to make it a Military District, which would add only 1 building space but give 1 Military draw. Players start the game with 2 Citizen District tokens and 1 Military District token.

The ability for the City State of Arc makes their Military District give 2 building spaces instead of 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:
When players choose to add a district to a city, they can choose to make it a Citizen District, which would add 2 building spaces and 1 Citizen draw, or they can choose to make it a Military District, which would add only 1 building space but give 1 Military draw. Players start the game with 2 Citizen District tokens and 1 Military District token.

The ability for the City State of Arc makes their Military District give 2 building spaces instead of 1.

Ah that makes much more sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel - does this mean that there is a review forthcoming? I hope so!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Joel - does this mean that there is a review forthcoming? I hope so!

+1 on this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nicol
Canada
Fredericton
NB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. Somehow I got the rules mixed up and was playing with City State Of Arc having both a 6 slot starting city and a +2 military district. I gather that this is incorrect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:

Why do the v2 rules say starting city is 6 instead of 5, as Joel mentioned above? Which is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
mechanicalfish wrote:

Why do the v2 rules say starting city is 6 instead of 5, as Joel mentioned above? Which is it?

The printed rulebook is the correct version. The State of Arc's Military District gives 2 building spaces. They no longer have the "starting city is 6 instead of 5" ability (this was the ability they had in the prototype).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:
curtc wrote:
mechanicalfish wrote:

The printed rulebook is the correct version. The State of Arc's Military District gives 2 building spaces. They no longer have the "starting city is 6 instead of 5" ability (this was the ability they had in the prototype).

Why are the rules on your website incorrect??? Can you please upload the latest correct rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:

Why are the rules on your website incorrect??? Can you please upload the latest correct rules?

Sorry about that. I'd forgotten to update them. You can download the printed version now: http://www.redravengames.com/city-of-iron/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.