BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: Is there any way to ignore a Geeklist? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dolem Thorn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Googly Eyes geeklist just seems to clutter up the list of geeklists under a game, and almost every game I look at is on it. Is there some way to ignore it? I tried to block it, but that didn't work.

There are other lists I have this issue with too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't think there is - sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does one line of the ten available really make that much clutter? I'm not trying to be snarky, just honestly curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dolem Thorn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I guess it just seems like when you look at bigger games they are all on the same lists: logical inconsistencies, googly eyes, games that fired other games, etc. I'd just like to hide all those.

It's not a very big deal if you can't do it.

I'll admit that the googly eyes one just annoys me though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolem wrote:
I'll admit that the googly eyes one just annoys me though...
Don't stare at my avatar for too long...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolem wrote:
logical inconsistencies, googly eyes, games that fired other games, etc. I'd just like to hide all those.

What I infer is that you'd like the presentation restricted to useful GeekLists.

What I observe is a great deal of effort in making GeekLists that are pointedly otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dolem Thorn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
There are definitely some useful geeklists out there. I love the Free Solo PNP geeklist, for example.

Also maybe it's partially my fault, because I've never created or contributed to a geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
What I observe is a great deal of effort in making GeekLists that are pointedly otherwise.

Some people use the geek as a database.
Some people use the geek as a social network.
This creates problems as each group has different priorities and they can contradict.
What you see as geeklists that aren't useful, other people see as geeklists that are fun and enjoyable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Watne
United States
Burlington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Good times.
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of less-than-useful-but-otherwise-fulfilling socializing:

That is a damn fine avatar you have there, frumpish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.