Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Itamar+, Michal, Jon, Gili

I decided to give Attika a go again, even though I really didn't like it the last time I played it two-player. When I played it, it just seemed totally brainless. Trivial to stop people from connecting temples, trivial to drop buildings on the board, and no interesting choices.

I'm glad I gave it another try 4-player, as this game, while not exactly thrilling, was ok. The other three certainly liked it. I was amazed to see both Michal and Itamar in hot contention to connect temples. Gili blocked Michal, but there was not much we could do to stop Itamar - well, actually we probably could have done better to stop him, but we weren't doing it very efficiently.

A well-deserved victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yehuda Berlinger
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I originally thought that there were no interesting choices. My second play, this session, revealed to me that all was not as bad as I originally thought.

Yehuda

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nomadic Gamer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As usual I defend this game by pointing to the variant (on the list)
of 'NOT sudden death' by rewarding 3 amphora for connections.
This makes blocking last place players less important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
The shortest game I ever played (For Sale included) was a 15 minute game of Attika in which a player connected to two temples when players were unable or unwilling to interrupt the winners progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.