Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Pedro
msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone played it yet?

I have only played Talisman once, over 10 years ago. And my question is: how did they turn the game in iOS into a solo game?

I have read there will be multiplayer in the future. But about AI opponents?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet downloaded it but had to go to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Pedro
msg tools
mbmb
Work < Talisman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
mbmbmbmbmb
tqboz wrote:
As the title says Talisman is in the app store

£2.99

I can see Talisman Prologue, is that what you mean? Hesitant to spend money on it when it doesn't appears to be the full game, only 'short quests' in the Talisman world, with only a small number of characters that have to be unlocked, and only solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep that's the one.

Well for me the price is cheaper then renting a movie, so if it provides a few hours entertainment then whose to complain.

Have to wait until tonight to play it though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting me know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Halleran
United States
Monona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game information and features listed here, with some screen images. Doesn't say anything about AI (maybe that's in summer of 2013 release)

www.thumbstar.com/games/talisman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Would
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems ok so far, pretty polished, but certainly will want multi player and a longer game play experience longer term.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Pedro
msg tools
mbmb
I read somewhere that multiplayer will be released in the feature as a paid feature. Any idea on what the price tag on that could be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
yeah? well… y’know, that’s just like, uh… your opinion, man…
mbmbmbmbmb
hyped78 wrote:
Has anyone played it yet?

I have only played Talisman once, over 10 years ago. And my question is: how did they turn the game in iOS into a solo game?

I have read there will be multiplayer in the future. But about AI opponents?

had my first test drive a few minutes ago. first impression: pretty polished and true adaption of the boardgame. no AI opponents.

you start with one character (fighter) and one available mission. more missions and character are to be unlocked (I just unlocked with my first successful mission the second fighter mission and the first troll mission).

missions are their take on solo games: they seem to give you certain goals to achieve. first fighter mission was: get 2 weapons and defeat a strength based opponent. based on how many rounds you need the reward will be 1 to 3 medals per mission.

first mission took me approx. 5 mins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/talisman-prologue-hd/id63121...

Also out for Android.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan Smith
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played a bit today, and have enjoyed it.
It is totally solo (at least so far). Just your character and the board (which might have a few cards preplaced).

It's divided into quests, usually with a few steps, like find 2 weapons, kill the ogres guarding the princess, deliver the princess to the castle.

There are 10 characters you can play as, and each has 5 quests. When you complete a quest, you get 1-3 stars (talismans) based on how many rounds it took. So there's some extra replayability in attempting to get all of them.
New characters are unlocked as you complete quests.

The controls aren't annoying, and it plays fairly quickly.

When I've played talisman in real life, the things that have annoyed me are
the total randomness (which is still here, though there's not other people getting way ahead while you are stuck with useless things), and the amount of time it took the people I was playing with to make the pretty meaningless decision of which way to go (which is not a problem here because there's only me having turns).

Final thoughts, I liked it. The fun bits of the boardgame (unpredictability and the feeling of adventure) without the annoying bits. The goals are smaller and easier, and therefore you have a much better feeling of progress. It plays much, much quicker than the boardgame, cause you get every turn, and it does all the maths and counting for you.

Happy with my purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
smithmeg wrote:
the amount of time it took the people I was playing with to make the pretty meaningless decision of which way to go (which is not a problem here because there's only me having turns).

I have only tested the first mission as well but fell the same. It´s not as boring when you are the only one making your moves.

I am happy with the purchase. Keeps me from getting nuts in waiting for Eclipse:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.