Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you feel any downtime when waiting for your turn, in two-player games? The waiting time is about 3 minutes: does it sometimes feel like it is too long? Please contribute to the poll below!

Poll: Downtime in two-player games of Clash of Cultures?
Do you feel any downtime in two-player games of Clash of Culture, how much do you think during your opponent's turn?
No downtime, I think for the whole duration of my opponent's turn
A little bit of downtime, I am finished thinking some time before his turn is over
Serious downtime: I often make my decisions early during my opponent's turn
      59 answers
Poll created by lebigot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Kallo
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no experience with the 2-player game, but in the 4-player game with new players, there is no discussion that the technology tree gives at least some downtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 2, 3, and 4 player and I have't felt like there was a lot of downtime. Even if I know exactly what I plan to do, I usually am watching my opponents closely to see if they are doing anything that effects me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Solitaire
That's not what I call downtime. Although I will be thinking about what I want to do on my turn in any CoC game I'm not (aside from the very early turns) going to finalise any decisions until I see exactly what my opponents have done. Downtime is when an opponent is being slow or AP prone in a situation that doesn't seem to merit it, so his decision is neither crucial for him nor affecting my decision making.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
misteralan wrote:
That's not what I call downtime. Although I will be thinking about what I want to do on my turn in any CoC game I'm not (aside from the very early turns) going to finalise any decisions until I see exactly what my opponents have done. Downtime is when an opponent is being slow or AP prone in a situation that doesn't seem to merit it, so his decision is neither crucial for him nor affecting my decision making.

Right, everybody has to look what's happening during opponents' turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you to all the poll participants for this very useful feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the other hand
lebigot wrote:
Thank you to all the poll participants for this very useful feedback!

Incidently, if you really hate slow play then try to avoid 4 player games, because a tricky final board can sometimes generate some AP even if the players are normally fast thinkers. The objectives Cards can be problematic too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.