Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you plz explain how it's response works ?

"After attached hero declares an attack, add Black Arrow to the victory display to give attached hero +5 att for this attack"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official FAQ wrote:
(1.29) Victory Display
The victory display is a game area where victory points are tracked. Cards in the victory display are considered to be out of play, but are not considered to be a part of the encounter discard pile. Cards in the victory display are not considered “removed from game,” and some card effects may still interact with them.

The trigger for this Response happens the moment you have declared an attack with the Hero that has Black Arrow attached. If you want to use it, move it to the Victory Display and receive the benefit of +5 Attack for this attack and 1 Victory Point at the end of the game. So it's a one-shot baddie killer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, now I get it ... I can only use it once then and get a victory point

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickpes wrote:
oh, now I get it ... I can only use it once then and get a victory point

Exactly.

The game mechanic contortions this card goes through to make it thematic make me sooooo happy, even if I'm not sure I'll ever use it since it's hard enough finding cards with three copies in the deck sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chappelear
United States
Kensington
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry for necroing this thread, but I have a rules question: Let's say each player has one copy of this card in their deck. If you already have one Black Arrow in the Victory Display, can the other player equip another copy? It's a unique card, but I'm not sure how this works with cards in the VP area...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Huntley
msg tools
Cards in the Victory Display aren't "in play", so you're free to bring in another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.