Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some card have this "secrecy" characteristic, what is it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find the explanation in the Dwarrowdelf rule sheets:
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/lotr-lcg/suppo...

Basically, if your Threat is below 20, you will get a discount when paying the card cost. The discount is equal to the Secrecy value on that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ins3kT wrote:
You can find the explanation in the Dwarrowdelf rule sheets:
http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/lotr-lcg/suppo...

Basically, if your Threat is below 20, you will get a discount when paying the card cost. The discount is equal to the Secrecy value on that card.

Actually, it is if their threat is at or below 20. And believe me, being able to use the Secrecy deduction at 20 Threat makes a big difference!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right!whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This allso shows that it begans to be guite difficult to find all those rules among all those rule sheets... We need compiled rule PDF from FFG to this game. Secrecy, burning, ambush, siege, etc... So may rules in so many different plases...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Duckworth
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal_pjv wrote:
This allso shows that it begans to be guite difficult to find all those rules among all those rule sheets... We need compiled rule PDF from FFG to this game. Secrecy, burning, ambush, siege, etc... So may rules in so many different plases...

Is there a single secrecy card outside of Dwarrowdelf? I think all the Dwarrowdelf packs detail the rule right... so that you cannot have a secrecy card without having the rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thx guys ... yet I never managed to have a threat below 20 and find difficult to achive, but I'm a new player so propably by lpaying I will get this too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nickpes wrote:
thx guys ... yet I never managed to have a threat below 20 and find difficult to achive, but I'm a new player so propably by lpaying I will get this too

I've been able to do it on occasion with Spirit-heavy decks that focus a lot on questing ability, removing locations from play (Northern Trackers), and a lot of threat reduction cards (Galadhrim's Greeting, Elrond's Counsel). And it helps to start with a lower initial threat (around 25 - Spirit Glorfindel helps a lot).

You can have 20 threat from the start, usually allowing you to play secrecy cards in your first turn, if you only use 2 heroes (not recommended) or if you use Spirit Glorfindel (5), Eleanor/Frodo/Bifur (7) and one of the remaining six heroes with an initial threat of 7 or 8. You could not use a Tactics hero in this case, as all of them have an initial threat of at least 9, but there are no Tactics secrecy cards yet anyway. If you wanted a Leadership hero with a starting threat of 20, you would be forced to use Theodred.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickpes wrote:
You could try playing with only two heroes.
Or: Simply play the 'Shadow and Flame' scenario. It resets threat to 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.