JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't get the link to work, are you going to the FRC World's???? If so, I'm super jealous.

My son has an FRC team. I love the program so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
I'm a Jr. FLL coach, so bottom of the pyramid, as it were. And yes, we are going. The kids are super-excited, and it is SO good for them to see the kids walking the path ahead of them. The older children are always so kind to the younger ones, I am always impressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is our team's second year. Last year we wound up in nearly last place, but this year we made it to the state Championship. The kids were very sad to not make it to World's, but I think they did pretty dang good moving up that much in one year's time.

We are working on being self-sustainable and then we hope to expand the program into the Lego League for the younger crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this thread a was going to be about playing 18xx all weekend with J.C.Lawrence and David desJardins..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
MWChapel wrote:
I thought this thread a was going to be about playing 18xx all weekend with J.C.Lawrence and David desJardins..

:D

Geekway to the West is NEXT month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
For some reason the older kids are passing a potato around the Festival. I'm not sure if there are multiples.

It does not seem to be Discworld related.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ahh! this explains the busload of teens wearing Wisconsin Robotics jackets and shirts that invaded my lunch place on Wednesday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a little disappointed when my son didn't want to join a Robotics team. Then I learned what the time commitment was and decided maybe it wasn't a bad decision after all. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qzhdad wrote:
I was a little disappointed when my son didn't want to join a Robotics team. Then I learned what the time commitment was and decided maybe it wasn't a bad decision after all. laugh

HUGE time commitment, my son dropped a couple sports much to his dad's chagrin. He loves it more than any sport, so it was a good choice for him.

But, yeah, it can take over your life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
qzhdad wrote:

HUGE time commitment, my son dropped a couple sports much to his dad's chagrin. He loves it more than any sport, so it was a good choice for him.

But, yeah, it can take over your life.

The only single thing I'd let take up that much of my time is the subject that must not be named in this forum. laugh

What he'd have had to give up made up most of his decision, I think. He likes band and hockey and mountain biking and Magic and Minecraft and watching youtube......

He may eventually find an overwhelming passion, but until he does, he's gonna be a dabbler in many things.

The kids on his school's team do love it. Most of them are in his tech program at high school so we know them a little bit.

I hope all the participants love it. The closest we've been to something like that was DI with my daughter in late grade and middle school. It wasn't quite as time intensive, but similar. A lot of fun, but a huge time commitment (often for the whole family).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
Here's the wrap-up video.

My son gave up soccer to do this. It is a bit of a time commitment, but not as much as soccer would have been. Plus less driving, and standing outdoors in all sorts of Weather.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:
Happiness! meeple

Well, for now, sure.

Just wait until they turn on you, though! I've seen enough SciFi to know how this ends...

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mb
XanderF wrote:
Celinashope wrote:
Happiness! meeple

Well, for now, sure.

Just wait until they turn on you, though! I've seen enough SciFi to know how this ends...

robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to lie, that video fills me with envy. Sadly, even if we ever qualify for World's it's unlikely we'd go due to the cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.