Hide
2 Posts

Pandemic: On the Brink» Forums » General

Subject: the difficulty level of the new editions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tal R
msg tools
my family and I love the new diverse to the game but we want to keep the difficulty level the same.
how many epidemic cards would you rate the new vartions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tal ronen wrote:
my family and I love the new diverse to the game but we want to keep the difficulty level the same.
how many epidemic cards would you rate the new vartions?

For the Virulent and Mutant strain variants, either increases the difficulty a bit. Not terribly much, but it's a bit more complicated. If you combine both, things will be even harder. But as long as you stay away from putting 6 or 7 epidemics in your game, you should be fine.

Virulent strain variant: It depends on which of the "special" virulent epidemics you draw (there are 8 in total and of these you draw randomly), and some of these are more difficult than others. I'd suggest you try this variant with 1 less epidemic card than what you usually play the base game with, and increase if you feel it's becoming too easy.

Mutant strain variant: This takes a bit longer to master, but once you know the variant a bit, it becomes easier. I'd suggest the same as above: start with 1 less epidemic than you're used to and then scale up as you learn how to best deal with the extra threat.

Remember that the new roles and event cards are also increasing the diversity of your games, and they can also be used without the new variants. They don't really affect the difficulty of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.