Popular Tags: [View All]
Savoy Lord
France
antony
flag msg tools
mb
Rules Clarifications : Blue Dices + Dolpgin rules + Squid rules
Just for confirmation and corrections as some things are just confusing me :

1 - We get rid of any red ice ( 1 provided in main game + 1 provided with the dolphin dive expansion) right ?

2 - Dolphin appears on any dolphin icon terrain tile revealed. the tile is immediately discarded. Dolphins protects swimmer fom shark and sea snake attack only -----AND wopn't help him move 3 spaces instead 1 as long as it is on the same sea space YES or NO ?-----,when the swimmer moves netxt time, the dolphin doesn't follow him, it will only if the player role a star symbol or a dolphin symbol and choose the dolphin to move 1 space to stay with him.

3 - when we reveal a whale tile, we can both place a whale on that free sea space AND a squid anywhere on a sea space adjacent to that space. (it kills automatically any adjacent meeple located on a terrain tile or on a boat).

4 - when we roll the blue creature die we have 6 faces : dolphin,shark, sea monster,boat, star (any creature/empty boat), whale (that means squid too, but choose one of the 2). Right ? Then we see the distance with second dice so 1 space, 2 space or 3 spaces, the D meaning any free sea space on the board.

BUT we ONLY roll the distance die for dolphin, boat and squid right ? for the other creatures it is written on the game board.

5- a whale enterring a squid space kills it as well as a squid entering a whale space kills it. ( is it because of suprised attack ? backstabbin' ?) that is strange...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I think I can answer these questions for you. But now I'm wondering if I've been playing incorrectly. LOL.

1) Correct. You will only use the two blue dice if you're playing with the dolphins.

2) Yes, when a "dolphin helps you move 3 spaces" tile is drawn that tile is discarded and a dolphin is placed in that space. When a dolphin is the same space as a swimmer it becomes the protector and will protect the swimmer from all shark and sea serpent attacks. The swimmer will only be able to move one hex at a time, HOWEVER, the dolphin will continue to move with the swimmer.

The only way a dolphin will leave a swimmer is if someone pulls the dolphin away by rolling the dice and activating then dolphin movement (or if the swimmer makes it to shore). Then the dolphin can move away from a swimmer towards another player.

3) The squids confuse me a little because I feel that their rules are a little unclear but my understanding is that when a whale tile is revealed the player has a choice of placing a whale OR a squid in that spot, not both. It is possible to play with both in the game but I think you would have to choose which one to put out when the tile is revealed.

4) When you roll the dice you will see which animal/boat you move and the number of spaces. The dice overrule the original movements of the game. This means that sea monsters can now move up to 3 spaces at a time. The D means that the animal will dive underwater and come up somewhere else on the board (any empty space).

5) Correct. Whichever animal enters the space is the "stronger" of the two and will destroy the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bertrand, I left a post to your same questions in this other thread. I hope it does not confuse you along with Jesse's answers above me. Jesse's take on using a whale or squid is incorrect. The 30th rules I have state both are introduced when a whale tile is removed.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/965274/

Also, I want to add that for the squid expansion, there are two variants also.

1. Squid to replace Whales in the game, so place whales back in box.

2. Initial placement of squid DOES NOT eat/kill a meeple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.