Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

today for the first time we stumbled into an odd combination: our Feline character completed the Boots of Speed quest, that would give her two extra actions.

Yet this also raised a doubt: is she still allowed to use her "Catlike Quickness" abilty (+1 action every time she defeats two or more minions) or not?

We're doubtful since the "Catlike Quickness" description says the Feline "has a maximum of 7 actions per turn": yet with the Boots of Speed she'd be able to have up to nine actions per turn (+2 from the Boots of Speed and the incidental extra actions from defeating two or more minions in a single combat action).

So, do both bonuses (Boots and ability) stack or not?

By the way, we checked the FAQ and didn't find anything that helped us come with a solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say, the boots gives her +2 actions in all aspects. So her normal amount of actions is 5, and she can get an extra 2 from Catlike Quickness (for the max of 7). With the boots, her normal amount of actions will now be 7 (remember, the extra two don't count as wounds, so she will still die with 5 wounds), and she can still get an extra 2 from Catlike Quickness (for a new max of 9).

I know that when wounded, she can end up turning a lesser amount of actions into 7 still, which gives her more than an extra 2 as explained above. But I would still treat the Catlike Quickness as having a max of 9 actions with the boots, which would be the easiest way to keep track of things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Doomturtle is correct - Her base Actions expand to 7 and her cat-like reflexes expand to 9 now. Great Quest for her to complete.

Thanks - Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Doomturtle and Richard, for your quick and precise answers!

Richard Launius wrote:
Great Quest for her to complete.

I agree. Sadly though it wasn't enough for us to save the Realm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.