Popular Tags: [View All]
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see the KS stretch goals enable playing with more than 6 players. Apparently up to 10 as it stands now. Can those who have played with more than 6 players share their feelings on how well this works? Both from a "interesting decisions" standpoint, and also a pacing standpoint? That's the only thing that's interesting to me about potentially backing the project. I couldn't care less about alternative art, Resistance, Avalon, whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikki Tahta
United States
new york
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I have never tried it with up to 10

I have played 7 and 8, main issue is the pace needs to be kept up - only so as those who have been eliminated don't get too bored waiting. (less patience for long negotiations) There is also less deduction early on as there are more cards of each character in play.

The early rounds can feel a little like waiting to whittle down the crowd to less contenders. But conversely some people like it as the bluffing risk/reward is different early on. There is less incentive to take a risk in challenging someone so there is more posturing and trying to 'set-up' the impression you have something

not sure if that's a great help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for replying, Rikki, it seems like the right answer to me as well.

I'm in on the kickstarter and I'll enjoy having the extra cards for alternate art but not to scale up to a game size that is bigger than it plays well.

It also helps that I have some games which play well only for bigger groups that can never get off the shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chung Chit Hang
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
with cards enough for 10 players, we can divide into 2 groups of 5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You'll have 5 of each role card, and each 5 player game requires 3 of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asbjørn Lie Parmer
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One could probably play two separate games, with 5 players in each, which share the same deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.