Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Fallen City of Karez» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hero and last monster die at same time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So this came up in my game the other day. What happens if you are on the last encounter of a dungeon and both the monster and the hero have the same initiative so both roll at the same time. What happens if they both manage to kill the other? Does that dungeon count as cleared and the heroes win? Or do the monsters win as nobody lived to tell the tale?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wario83 wrote:
So this came up in my game the other day. What happens if you are on the last encounter of a dungeon and both the monster and the hero have the same initiative so both roll at the same time. What happens if they both manage to kill the other? Does that dungeon count as cleared and the heroes win? Or do the monsters win as nobody lived to tell the tale?


This does not count as a success. So No, the adventure / dungeon explore is a failure. In order to success, there should be 1 hero at least still alive and all the encounters resolved.
So, the owner wins if all heroes died in the encounters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
Wario83 wrote:
So this came up in my game the other day. What happens if you are on the last encounter of a dungeon and both the monster and the hero have the same initiative so both roll at the same time. What happens if they both manage to kill the other? Does that dungeon count as cleared and the heroes win? Or do the monsters win as nobody lived to tell the tale?


This does not count as a success. So No, the adventure / dungeon explore is a failure. In order to success, there should be 1 hero at least still alive and all the encounters resolved.
So, the owner wins if all heroes died in the encounters.

Word by wordthumbsup

Do not forget to place a new Threat cube on the adventure/dungeon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you add a threat cube to a private dungeon that was unsuccessfully raided as well? I don't recall seeing that in the rules, only for the regular dungeons.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 12:
"A failed Adventure remains on the
board and receives an increase of 1 Threat cube"

The only problem is that the special rules for a private dungeon does not cover the "remains on board" instruction and the Threat adjustment as they are the same as a regular adventure (as well as most procedures).

We will address this in our official FAQ and future examples and videos.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eg1105 wrote:
On page 12:
"A failed Adventure remains on the
board and receives an increase of 1 Threat cube"

The only problem is that the special rules for a private dungeon does not cover the "remains on board" instruction and the Threat adjustment as they are the same as a regular adventure (as well as most procedures).

We will address this in our official FAQ and future examples and videos.


We assumed this way, since there are several sections on the rulebook that classify adventures and private dungeons with the same treatment.
Thematically, a party was unable to resolve a private dungeon and words spread over the city that the dungeon is indeed dangerous or more threatening.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.