Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know some kickstarters only produce enough product for the backers and some produce enough for local game stores. Which is this one planning to be?

Thanks. And congratulations on getting funded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was posted as part of Update #12

After Kickstarter

After we deliver the games and other rewards to our backers in November, the game will be available for purchase at Amazon, at our distributor GameSalute's online store, and at any local game store that will pick it up. Every copy of the game available through these retail channels will have the upgraded components: the engraved dice and the explorer meeples.

There's a chance that the expansions will be available through at least some of these retail channels eventually. Copies will be sent to backers with their games in November, but the expansions most likely not be available for retail at that time. We hope to make them available in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@kc2dpt, Thanks! I was writing that Update #12 as you posted this question. Thanks, @ol_bubba, for sharing it here.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Bötzel
Germany
Schwerte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody,
does anybody know, if this game will be present at the Essen fair?

Thanks

Sascha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game will not be for sale at Essen, but some of our Kickstarter backers will be picking up their advanced copies. Game Salute will have a few extra copies at Essen in their booth (Hall 1, C124) for people to look at.

We should be getting rewards to backers late November/early December, and then other pre-orders should start shipping immediately after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Bötzel
Germany
Schwerte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply.
Hope to have a look at the game then.

CU

Sascha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Langdon Alger
Ireland
Galway
flag msg tools
When will this be on Amazon?
arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Manufacturing is complete, and the bulk of the games are making their way across the ocean to the United States now. We're locking down the final logistics with our manufacturing and fulfillment companies for getting all the rewards to backers, and we'll be posting an update on Kickstarter shortly. (I'll be sure to add a link to that update here.) The games should be available on Amazon shortly after that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Lett
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious... the Foxtrot Games site says "After backers receive their rewards, Relic Expedition will officially be released in January 2014."

If you look on the Game Salute product page, it says "Expected Release: March 2014."

Is January still the expected release for non-backers? I assume Game Salute is just playing it safe with the time-frame since the games seem to be inbound.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are exactly right. The games left the manufacturer near the end of October, and we are currently planning for them to reach the US this week or next week. If that happens, we plan to get the rewards to backers by the end of December and then have the official release in January.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talismania wrote:
When will this be on Amazon?

Relic Expedition is now available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Relic-Expedition/dp/B00HANDYBM/?tag=ar...

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redfoot12
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Thanks for the link, Randy!
I saw the Watch it Played and thought the game looked fun. I went ahead and ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.