Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
84 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Dinosaurs And The Gospel test rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised this hasn't come up here yet.

This is a fourth grade test from SC. Many have tried to say it cannot be real. It is apparently from a private religious school, but the person who took the picture won't reveal which out of respect for the child and family. Several people have corroborated the report that this is indeed real.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's tough to believe it's real, but since people have built an entire museum dedicated to this craziness and have a multi-million dollar organization determined to get this stuff taught in schools, having it show up in a private school doesn't seem totally implausible.

Snopes seems to think it's genuine.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would a score of 100 be considered an "A+"? I'm calling this a fake!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Why would a score of 100 be considered an "A+"? I'm calling this a fake!


Not to mention that the child didn't properly circle two answers, which implies they are descended from Florida voters and most likely in Florida. Further discrediting the back story of coming from SC.

EDIT: And what kind of biblical numerology comes with a grade of 10@?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Indoctrinate them when they are young.

This is key to religion. Don’t let your kids disagree with you on religious issues and especially do not let them think for themselves.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not surprised at the answers, but it's an amazingly well preserved document for something written in the year "3". I'm confused about the "28" month. Is that Febtober?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no doubt this is real. That said, I went to a small private Christian school for 13 years. My mom and sister both teach there now. And there is no way I would have ever had to take a test like that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thought of a good extra credit question:

True or false: Does Paul's writings on the man's authority over the woman justify cavemen pulling their women around by the hair as illustrated below?

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
Avatar
mbmbmb
I only have a problem with this if the school is funded with vouchers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
happyjosiah wrote:
I have no doubt this is real. That said, I went to a small private Christian school for 13 years. My mom and sister both teach there now. And there is no way I would have ever had to take a test like that.


I disagree somewhat, Josiah. My Lutheran school education was terrible because of unqualified and unintelligent teachers, lack of resources because the school was always broke, and because of anti-scientific nonsense like this. I don't know that it was ever so boldly presented as this, but it was certainly part of the curriculum.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I just thought of a good extra credit question:

True or false: Does Paul's writings on the man's authority over the woman justify cavemen pulling their women around by the air as illustrated below?



Don’t make Paul slap a ho…

1 Timothy 2:12

King James Version (KJV)

12- But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
I disagree somewhat, Josiah. My Lutheran school education was terrible because of unqualified and unintelligent teachers, lack of resources because the school was always broke, and because of anti-scientific nonsense like this. I don't know that it was ever so boldly presented as this, but it was certainly part of the curriculum.

I had my kids in a Catholic school before switching them to Public school after we moved. We all prefer the Public school (well my son hates them both equally). My main problem with the Catholic school was lack of resources. They were not anti-science though and none of this shit was part of the curriculum, but then the theory of evolution is not anathema to Catholics nor do they hold with the YEC stuff.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i had to constantly help my "science" teacher in grade school (catholic)

the one i remember distinctly was telling her copernicus was not pronounced copper nick us
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
I disagree somewhat, Josiah. My Lutheran school education was terrible because of unqualified and unintelligent teachers, lack of resources because the school was always broke, and because of anti-scientific nonsense like this. I don't know that it was ever so boldly presented as this, but it was certainly part of the curriculum.

I had my kids in a Catholic school before switching them to Public school after we moved. We all prefer the Public school (well my son hates them both equally). My main problem with the Catholic school was lack of resources. They were not anti-science though and none of this shit was part of the curriculum, but then the theory of evolution is not anathema to Catholics nor do they hold with the YEC stuff.


That's why I said "somewhat." I know of plenty of decent religious schools, especially Catholic schools. Catholicism is like christianity lite, though. There's all kinds of silly doctrine and tradition, but none of the catholics I know take any of it seriously except the part where they think they're going to heaven.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Gender: pot*ato. My opinion is an opinion.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was taught by jesuits when I was a kid, I now attend a jesuit university and I think jesuits rock. But I am quite sure that most of them believe in education rather than in god.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
except the part where they think they're going to heaven.

in perfect Catholic fashion, that's not even a direct route, one must go through Purgatory and be purified first.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HavocIsHere wrote:
I was taught by jesuits when I was a kid, I now attend a jesuit university and I think jesuits rock. But I am quite sure that most of them believe in education rather than in god.

and now we have a Jesuit Chemical Engineer Pope
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
except the part where they think they're going to heaven.

in perfect Catholic fashion, that's not even a direct route, one must go through Purgatory and be purified first.


Yeah, I don't know any catholics who actually believe that either. They're mostly only concerned with the strict and obnoxiously public observance of Lent and insisting on attending Mass for Christmas and Easter.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
HavocIsHere wrote:
I was taught by jesuits when I was a kid, I now attend a jesuit university and I think jesuits rock. But I am quite sure that most of them believe in education rather than in god.


I go to a Jesuit university now. It has its problems, but none of them seem to be related to Catholicism.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I don't know if it's real or not.

I do know that passing it around for shits and giggles and "Look at the stupid Christians hur hur hur" commentary is exactly the sort of childishness I expect from you dopes.


So you don't think it's stupid? Because we know you're not above shits and giggles and "look at the stupid [insert group Drew's not a part of here] hur hur hur" commentary.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Gender: pot*ato. My opinion is an opinion.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I don't know if it's real or not.

I do know that passing it around for shits and giggles and "Look at the stupid Christians hur hur hur" commentary is exactly the sort of childishness I expect from you dopes.


Writing "stupid christians" is proof that the writer makes a distinction with non stupid christians.
That or you imply that the test is not stupid.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Freeman
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

..... exactly the sort of childishness I expect from you dopes.


WWJD?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Throxx wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

..... exactly the sort of childishness I expect from you dopes.


WWJD?


Call everyone childish dopes and then whine about being bullied, if present company is any indication.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
File this thread under: Wiccan thinks Christians have crazy beliefs.

What does his religion have to do with anything? Ahhh, that's just your passive aggressive way to imply that his religious views are crazier than your own crazy religious views. Got it.

Jesus wept.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
none of the catholics I know take any of it seriously except the part where they think they're going to heaven.


So just like Protestants then!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.