Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the current emperor attacks Constantinople with his arab field army, is he allowed to defend the city with his town levies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Skellett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
A wolf and a penguin could never live together, nor could a camel and a hippopotamus. That would be absurd.
badge
And the older you get, the fewer things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
If the current emperor attacks Constantinople with his arab field army, is he allowed to defend the city with his town levies?

Yes, I think so. The FAQ implies this also by saying that he could choose not to use levies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this question, because there is a rule, that you may not fight with your own forces against your own forces. Since in this scenario, on both sides my own forces are involved, it could be forbidden, perhaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Skellett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
A wolf and a penguin could never live together, nor could a camel and a hippopotamus. That would be absurd.
badge
And the older you get, the fewer things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
I asked this question, because there is a rule, that you may not fight with your own forces against your own forces. Since in this scenario, on both sides my own forces are involved, it could be forbidden, perhaps.

After doing a lot more research (of responses to other rules questions) I think that there are a number of ways to interpret the rules around what being the Emperor means:

(1) If it means you gain temporary control of Constantinople then strictly by the rules you shouldn't be allowed to move your Arab Army to Constantinople.

(2) If being the Emperor means you don't control Constantinople but just the Emperor's Guard then you should have the option of using your levies to defend Constantinople (like when the Bulgar's attack it)

(3) The case you propose where you can attack Constantinople with your Arab field army but cannot defend with your levies.

I actually think (1) is the correct rule based on a response from Martin here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.